- Top Ranked CO School
- Grades: 8-12
- Enrollment: 61 students
- Average class size: 6 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Crested Butte Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Colorado for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Crested Butte Academy is committed to educating the whole person in a safe and caring environment. Standards are high and classes are small, emphasizing individual attention. Our flexible schedule allows students to excel in academics as well as train for and compete in the highest levels of snowboarding, alpine racing, freeride, nordic skiing and distance running. Our community ensures that every Crested Butte Academy child is known and loved. The faculty to student ratio is 1:6. Of our sixty-five students, twenty are day students, residing in the Gunnison Valley. Boarding students travel from as far as Holland and the Czech Republic. The CBA student body represents twenty states, including California, Vermont, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Montana, New Mexico and Illinois. The day and boarding students enjoy a very close relationship. It is common for day and boarding students to work on a project in the evening on our campus. The academic program offers a college preparatory core curriculum with an emphasis on literacy, critical thinking, writing, humanities, laboratory sciences, mathematics and foreign language. The Crested Butte Academy faculty is devoted to developing intellectual excellence, independent thinking, free inquiry and an appreciation for learning. We nuture creativity through programs in music, creative writing, film and art. The goal is learning for life. Our athletic programs share in the core philosophy of our school. Through athletics, each student-athlete develops team loyalty, dedication to improvement, and commitment to achievement. Citizenship is important at Crested Butte Academy. Students are given clear messages about the importance of character and individuality. The residential experience fosters good personal and study habits. There is a warm supportive community within each dormitory. CBA students are colorful and confident young people. Faculty, staff and students are stimluated by each other, their school, their sports and their town. Graduates go on to some of the nation's finest colleges and lead lives bettered by learning and achievement.
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Crested Butte Academy often compared to?
What sports does Crested Butte Academy offer?
What is Crested Butte Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Crested Butte Academy?
View the Crested Butte Academy yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Endorse Crested Butte Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards