Crested Butte Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Crested Butte Academy is a co-ed, college preparatory boarding and day school serving students in grades 8-12.
- We occasionally provide a special program for seventh grade and/or post-graduate students.CBA is fully accredited by the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and the Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS).
Crested Butte Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Sports offered Most sports offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Institute for Independent Education|
Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Students attend as full year boarding; full year day; or winter tutorial. Tuition depends on enrollment in a particular program|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Cristie Frey|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Climbing, Cross Country, Freestyle Skiing, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Track and Field, Winter TrackAlpine Skiing, Climbing,|
Cross Country, Freestyle Skiing,
Kayaking, Mountain Biking,
Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing,
Snowboarding, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Creative Writing, Film, Health and Human Performance, Publishing, Studio Art|
- Crested Butte Academy is committed to educating the whole person in a safe and caring environment. Standards are high and classes are small, emphasizing individual attention. Our flexible schedule allows students to excel in academics as well as train for and compete in the highest levels of snowboarding, alpine racing, freeride, nordic skiing and distance running. Our community ensures that every Crested Butte Academy child is known and loved. The faculty to student ratio is 1:6. Of our sixty-five students, twenty are day students, residing in the Gunnison Valley. Boarding students travel from as far as Holland and the Czech Republic. The CBA student body represents twenty states, including California, Vermont, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Montana, New Mexico and Illinois. The day and boarding students enjoy a very close relationship. It is common for day and boarding students to work on a project in the evening on our campus. The academic program offers a college preparatory core curriculum with an emphasis on literacy, critical thinking, writing, humanities, laboratory sciences, mathematics and foreign language. The Crested Butte Academy faculty is devoted to developing intellectual excellence, independent thinking, free inquiry and an appreciation for learning. We nuture creativity through programs in music, creative writing, film and art. The goal is learning for life. Our athletic programs share in the core philosophy of our school. Through athletics, each student-athlete develops team loyalty, dedication to improvement, and commitment to achievement. Citizenship is important at Crested Butte Academy. Students are given clear messages about the importance of character and individuality. The residential experience fosters good personal and study habits. There is a warm supportive community within each dormitory. CBA students are colorful and confident young people. Faculty, staff and students are stimluated by each other, their school, their sports and their town. Graduates go on to some of the nation's finest colleges and lead lives bettered by learning and achievement.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethel Grades: 9-12 | 205 students
39 Church Street
Bethel, ME 04217
(207)824-7700 1891.6 9-12
I went thru the winter tutorial and it helped me advance my public school credits when I went back to my school I skipped the entire grade of math.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Lesli
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.