"Hands-on Learning to Last a Lifetime"... Columbia Montessori School strives to be the pre-eminent early childhood development center in Columbia Missouri.
Founded as a Parent Governed school in 1967, we view education as a partnership between parents, children, teachers, and our community.
As a not-for-profit organization, our focus is on our children and their early development.
The Columbia Montessori School is a licensed Child Care Facility for children between the ages of 4 weeks through 6 years.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 117 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Ratio varies according to age, and is less than the State requirements for licensure.
- Tuition is competitive and we offer half-time and three-quarter time enrollment options as well as a 15% sibling discount rate. Please contact our school for current tuition rates.
- To best serve our parents, we are open weekdays from 7:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. in the infant-toddler rooms) and are closed for only eight major holidays.
- Breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack are provided as part of tuition.
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Columbia Montessori School often compared to?
Columbia Montessori Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Childrens House Montessori Of Columbia by visitors of our site.
When is the application deadline for Columbia Montessori School?
The application deadline for Columbia Montessori School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Columbia Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Montessori Schools: An Overview
Are you curious about an educational approach that nurtures independent, creative, and lifelong learners? Look no further! We invite you to dive into the fascinating world of Montessori education and unlock its incredible potential for your children.
Securing Your School
With the rise of school shootings and other violent incidents, it is essential to have a comprehensive plan in place to protect everyone on your school campus.
Overview of State Voucher Programs in the United States
More than twelve states and the District of Columbia have education voucher programs. We describe the various programs and offer suggestions on how to use them so your child can attend private school.