The Children's School at Stephens College
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-5
- Students: 102 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,010
- Acceptance rate: 100%
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- What started as an experimental nursery school in 1925 is today`s Children`s School at Stephens College (CSSC). The mission of this laboratory school is to provide college students opportunities for direct experiences with children, while providing children from the community with solid, research-based instruction by professors, college students, and certified teachers. The school moved to the Audrey Webb Child Study Center in 1970, and expanded into the additional classroom in the Hugh Stephens Library Penthouse in 2016. Today, the school is located in Hickman Hall in the heart of Stephens College campus. Throughout its history, teaching, learning, and children have been at the center of the Stephens College laboratory school.
- We Believe:
- * Children and college students have an intrinsic desire to learn and construct knowledge by interacting upon the world.Children and college students should be active learners who have a variety of opportunities to try out ideas they are learning in real situations.
- * Classroom teachers are active facilitators who utilize a variety of methodologies and best practices.
- * Education should involve the total person, including social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development with attention to feelings, attitudes, and values.
- * Acceptance and support of each individual and the encouragement of social and moral autonomy are central to The Children`s School at Stephens College experience for students, families, faculty, and pre-service teachers.
- * Students learn best when exposed to a variety of practices, methods, and experiences.
- * Artful thinking has application beyond the classroom and supports our ability to ask criticalquestions, solve problems in innovative ways, and make meaning.
Endorse The Children's School at Stephens College. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards