American Heritage School
5.00 (4 reviews)
American Heritage School Photo #2 - AHS campus is a place of light, faith, virtue, and character education, all of which are foundations for excellence in other areas of life. The school is located at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains in American Fork, Utah on a beautiful 40-acre campus directly east of the LDS Mount Timpanogos Temple. Please call 844-642-1776 to arrange a tour!
American Heritage School Photo #3 - Students develop a love, understanding, and appreciation for America and the Founding Fathers. For example, The Spirit of America Speaks (pictured above) is an annual patriotic program that celebrates mankind's heritage of liberty across the ages, beginning millennia ago and continuing to the present day. Hundreds of students in grades 2-12 participate in this not-to-be-missed, one-of-a-kind pageant each Spring.
American Heritage School Photo #4 - Education of hearts and minds is aided by the education of the body. When kept in good health, the body is a more effective instrument of the mind and heart.
American Heritage School Photo #5 - Some life lessons are learned better on the field than in the classroom. American Heritage School has a tradition of excellence and sportsmanship in athletics. Men's and women's sports offered include Basketball, Cross Country, Ballroom Dance, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball. Students are also encouraged to participate in intramural athletics.
American Heritage School Photo #6 - Students also learn many life lessons on the stage. In portraying various characters, students discern between right and wrong, truth and error. Furthermore, goodness and integrity brings confidence and ability to shine, not just on stage, but more importantly, in leading others to be good.
American Heritage School Photo #7 - AHS students wear uniforms. The uniform displays unity, modesty, neatness, and dignity; demonstrates respect for self, education, teachers, and fellow students; helps students focus on learning and service, rather than on clothing and accessories; and reminds students of their commitment to live by the American Heritage Mission Statement.
American Heritage School Photo #8 - Our after-school music options for K-12 students serve over 400 students in award-winning orchestra and choir programs that perform sacred, classical, and inspirational music in world-class venues with some of the finest adult musicians nationally.
American Heritage School Photo #9 - Many AHS teachers hold advanced degrees. They facilitate engaging discussions that encourage deep understanding of principles and ideas that are applicable to a wide variety of circumstances. As students and teachers reason correct principles and relate them to themselves and the world, the students become men and women of integrity and virtue.
American Heritage School Photo #10 - Service-learning takes an otherwise inert classroom curriculum and creates urgency and excitement about the learning process by combining it with real needs and authentic audiences. It has a purpose greater than a grade. The curriculum becomes a necessary, urgent, and almost subconscious part of a larger plan to fulfill the two great commandments to serve God and fellow men.
- American Heritage School is an independent school located in American Fork, Utah.
- The School's 40-acre campus serves approximately 920 students in grades K-12 at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains in beautiful Utah Valley.
- American Heritage School sponsors 500 students in extra-curricular orchestra and choir programs and provides distance education courses or curriculum to approximately 5,000 students living in 50 states and more than 60 countries.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Latter Day Saints|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||891 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature, AP Government, AP Language and Composition, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Statistics|
|Average SAT score||1160|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,600|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten Half-day — $3,960 Kindergarten Full-day — $6,120 Grades 1–6 — $7,200 Grades 7–8 — $7,500 Grades 9–12 — $8,700 International — $16,000|
|Admissions Director||Melisa Hendrickson|
|Admissions Associate||Nancy Morrill|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Drama, Online Courses, Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
American Heritage Lyceum Philharmonic, American Heritage Youth Chorus, Ballroom Dance, Chamber Ensemble, Children's Choir, Concert Choir, Crescendo Orchestra, Musical, Prelude Strings, Symphonic Strings
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Cross-Country, Intramural basketball, Intramural Dodge Ball, Intramural Flag Football, Intramural Ping Pong, Intramural Soccer, Intramural Spud Ball, Intramural Tennis, Intramural Ultimate Frisbee, Intramural Volleyball, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field
- The vision of American Heritage School`s founders was to create a school where faith, virtue, and character education would be taught as the foundation for excellence in all other areas of life. Over the last fifty years, that vision has come to fruition at the school, which is located in American Fork, Utah on a 40-acre campus at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains in beautiful Utah Valley.
- American Heritage blends faith, reason, and plenty of fun by offering outstanding academics, athletics, music, and extracurricular programs. The student experience culminates in impressive portfolios, project-based learning, teamwork, oral presentations, and experiential learning for graduates, virtually all of whom attend four year universities or serve LDS missions following graduation.
- The school feels strongly that strengthening faith in Christ is indispensable to properly educating the hearts and minds of the rising generation. In addition to regular morning devotionals, prayer, and use of scripture as a foundational reference text in every subject, the AHS Honor Code focuses on the two great commandments to love God and neighbors "with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind" (Matt. 22:3639). Every student and faculty member at the school commits to uphold the highest standards of moral conduct whether they are on or off campus.
- The school serves approximately 920 students on-campus in grades K-12, plus 500 students in afternoon extra-curricular orchestra and choir programs, and approximately 5,000 homeschooling and distance education families living in 50 states and 62 countries and territories. The student body represents diverse ethnic, racial, religious, and socioeconomic groups.
- The administration, faculty, and staff consist of more than 120 highly qualified personnel with many holding advanced degrees.
- Rigorous courses are offered in history, language arts, English, foreign languages, fine arts, leadership, family science, business fundamentals, mathematics, biology, chemistry, physics, geography, social studies, speech/debate, drama, choir, orchestra, technology, wellness, and more.
- Extra-curricular activities include basketball, soccer, cross country, volleyball, golf, tennis, track and field, Boys/Girls State, choir, drama, orchestra, science fairs, service learning, speech competitions, student government, experiential learning, and travel study.
- AHS graduates typically score well above state and national norms on college entrance exams, including the ACT and SAT, for which the school offers rigorous preparation as a part of the standard high school experience. AHS graduates are prepared for, and have been admitted to, many of the finest colleges and universities around the country.
- American Heritage School is open for tours by appointment. Interested parents are encouraged to explore how the school`s unique approach can support their family`s learning goals (visit www.american-heritage.org).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salt Lake City Grades: PK-12 | 36 students
825 N 300 W Suite 200
Salt Lake City, UT 84103
(801)466-4326 28.1 PK-12
- Lehi Grades: PK-8
3920 N. Traverse Mountain Blvd.
Lehi, UT 84043
(801)407-8777 6.6 PK-8
- Lindon Grades: PK | 76 students
310 S 400 W
Lindon, UT 84042
(801)796-7672 4.8 PK
I love American Heritage (I wish I could have attended it when I was a kid). My children love this school: they are excited to be there, they are challenged, and they are being prepared for success in life (especially its most important aspects). The school's preeminent focus on the faithful molding of character sets the stage for success in all of its other pursuits (e.g. high achievement in the classroom, the art room, the performance stage, and the athletic field). As I discuss with my kids everything from politics to religion to how to fix a broken appliance on a Saturday morning, I can see how American Heritage is training them as critical thinkers who know how to independently reason toward intelligent/creative thoughts and workable solutions. As I watch my kids weigh important choices in their lives, I am so pleased to know that the values and beliefs repeated to them in the classroom match and reinforce those taught at home. My wife and I couldn't be more pleased with this school, and we will always be immensely grateful to the capable, faithful, and exemplary teachers who are helping us to give our children the very best start in life that we could possibly imagine. The world needs more schools like this!
- Posted by Parent - Father of 5
My experience at American Heritage School has transformed how my children learn at school and how we learn together at home. My children have learned much and gained an amazing set of friends and experiences that I don't think can be found at another school anywhere, given the unique mission, culture, and teaching approach of this school. I am pleased we chose this school to assist our children in their education. Take a tour or attend a school event or program, and you will be glad you did, and you will probably want to enroll your children here, too! Amazing place!
- Posted by Parent - AHS Dad
We chose this school several years back because of the beliefs, price, and size. This LDS school has the largest student body in Utah (a perfect environment for those seeking the biggest social exposure). Class sizes range in the 20s for K-8. The only knock would be the uniforms (strict policy and old fashioned heavy plaid) but that doesn't deter my daughter. We live about 20 minutes away and it is worth the drive! Administration is very receptive and teachers always seem to love what they do.
- Posted by Parent - tmtbr
Do you accept foreign student and give them I-20?
- Posted by Parent - wangc
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.