American Heritage School
- Top Ranked UT School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Students: 891 students
- Yearly Tuition: $6,600
- Average class size: 25 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess, Drama, Online Courses, Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
American Heritage Lyceum Philharmonic, American Heritage Youth Chorus, Ballroom Dance, Chamber Ensemble, Children's Choir, Concert Choir, Crescendo Orchestra, Musical, Prelude Strings, Symphonic Strings
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Baseball, Basketball, Cross-Country, Intramural basketball, Intramural Dodge Ball, Intramural Flag Football, Intramural Ping Pong, Intramural Soccer, Intramural Spud Ball, Intramural Tennis, Intramural Ultimate Frisbee, Intramural Volleyball, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field
- The vision of American Heritage School`s founders was to create a school where faith, virtue, and character education would be taught as the foundation for excellence in all other areas of life. Over the last fifty years, that vision has come to fruition at the school, which is located in American Fork, Utah on a 40-acre campus at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains in beautiful Utah Valley.
- American Heritage blends faith, reason, and plenty of fun by offering outstanding academics, athletics, music, and extracurricular programs. The student experience culminates in impressive portfolios, project-based learning, teamwork, oral presentations, and experiential learning for graduates, virtually all of whom attend four year universities or serve LDS missions following graduation.
- The school feels strongly that strengthening faith in Christ is indispensable to properly educating the hearts and minds of the rising generation. In addition to regular morning devotionals, prayer, and use of scripture as a foundational reference text in every subject, the AHS Honor Code focuses on the two great commandments to love God and neighbors "with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind" (Matt. 22:3639). Every student and faculty member at the school commits to uphold the highest standards of moral conduct whether they are on or off campus.
- The school serves approximately 920 students on-campus in grades K-12, plus 500 students in afternoon extra-curricular orchestra and choir programs, and approximately 5,000 homeschooling and distance education families living in 50 states and 62 countries and territories. The student body represents diverse ethnic, racial, religious, and socioeconomic groups.
- The administration, faculty, and staff consist of more than 120 highly qualified personnel with many holding advanced degrees.
- Rigorous courses are offered in history, language arts, English, foreign languages, fine arts, leadership, family science, business fundamentals, mathematics, biology, chemistry, physics, geography, social studies, speech/debate, drama, choir, orchestra, technology, wellness, and more.
- Extra-curricular activities include basketball, soccer, cross country, volleyball, golf, tennis, track and field, Boys/Girls State, choir, drama, orchestra, science fairs, service learning, speech competitions, student government, experiential learning, and travel study.
- AHS graduates typically score well above state and national norms on college entrance exams, including the ACT and SAT, for which the school offers rigorous preparation as a part of the standard high school experience. AHS graduates are prepared for, and have been admitted to, many of the finest colleges and universities around the country.
- American Heritage School is open for tours by appointment. Interested parents are encouraged to explore how the school`s unique approach can support their family`s learning goals (visit www.american-heritage.org).
Endorse American Heritage School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards