Community Christian School
Tel: (678) 432-0191
- CCS is a non-denominational, newborn- 12th grade Christ-centered, college preparatory school in Henry County, located 25 miles southeast of metropolitan Atlanta. CCS seeks to promote academic excellence through a distinctively Christian learning environment.
- Our mission is to introduce students to Christ and develop Christian character through dynamic and academically challenging programs, preparing them to go out to be Godly leaders who will make a difference for Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1,070 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See web-site for tuition information|
|Admissions Director||Julee Davis|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Debate Club, Robotics Team, Student government
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Chorus, Drama productions
- Community Christian School was founded with 32 students in 1997 by Community Bible Church. Today the school is a co-educational, Christian college-preparatory school, nursery through twelfth grade. The school operates in a 140,000 square foot facility on over 50 acres, 25 miles south of Atlanta. Community Christian School is conveniently located one quarter mile off of Interstate 75 on Jodeco Road and serves the counties of Henry, Clayton, Fayette, Butts, and Spalding. High School was added to the program in 2001, and the class of 2005 was the first graduating class. Enrollment in all grades has increased largely because of the school`s distinctiveness in providing excellence in academics, arts, and athletics in a Christian environment. Community Christian School`s mission is to introduce students to Christ, developing Christian character through spiritually dynamic and academically challenging programs, while preparing them to be godly leaders who will make a difference for Christ.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Locust Grove Grades: PK-12 | 815 students
4200 Strong Rock Pkwy
Locust Grove, GA 30248
(678) 833-1200 10.7 PK-12
- Morrow Grades: 1-12 | 20 students
2230 Rex Rd
Morrow, GA 30260
(404) 366-2331 9.4 1-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.