- Heritage Montessori School offers an excellent education to children ages 2 ½ through fourth grade.
- We are dedicated to providing a safe and loving environment that will enrich your child's mind and spirit.
- Our school was custom designed and constructed to facilitate the educational philosophies of Dr. Maria Montessori.
- Heritage Montessori School, guided by Montessori's philosophy, cultivates the full human potential of each child in a caring, peaceful environment.
- At Heritage, we want our children to grow into independent problem solvers and caring, responsible citizens.
- The teacher prepares the environment to a high degree of perfection with a series of sequential, manipulative and sensorial materials that ultimately bridge the gap between concrete and abstract learning.
- The teacher is a link between these materials and the child.
- With a great understanding of human development, the teacher observes each child, reflects upon his/her observations and individualizes the curriculum.
- Thus, the environment becomes a nourishing place for each child.
- The physical space in which our programs take place is one of the most important contributors to our success, second only to the quality of our staff.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||129 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Rehanna Eaton|
|Admissions Associate||Jamie Stickers|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
OrangeGrades: NS-12 | 180 students
4100 E. Walnut Avenue
Orange, CA 92869
Huntington BeachGrades: NS-12 | 278 students
14401 Willow Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Newport BeachGrades: NS-1 | 120 students
20221 SW Cypress Street
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Costa MesaGrades: PK-6 | 98 students
Po Box 10909
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Huntington BeachGrades: NS-3 | 101 students
16081 Waikiki Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
If you enroll your children at Heritage they will have firm but very caring teachers and an environment that accentuates the intellectual and personal growth of each student. After three years at Heritage my daughter has a healthy amount of self-confidence and great habits regarding how to interact with both the teachers and her fellow students. She is far advanced in her studies compared to other children I know who are at public school and she has been exposed to many more aspects of learning and experience than she would have received elsewhere. The parents I have talked to who have had to move their children from heritage all regret the move and all of them say their children were better off at Heritage. I think one of the reasons a parent could be put off by Heritage is that Heritage demands parental involvement to a larger degree than most schools. Their emphasis is on providing a good education rather than making the parents happy, which is what a good parent should want. I knew my girl was thriving at Heritage and then I got her scores on the standardized California testing done in the spring. She had the same score on all three tests- 99's. If you want the best for your children I doubt you can do better than HMS.
- Posted by Parent - Steve Olson
Both Michael and I work full-time, as most parents, do, and it was important for us to find a place our daughter would be cared for and learn while not near us. We had no idea how important Heritage Montessori School would become in her life. We watched as each teacher shows concern for each child. Each child feels special because the teachers make them feel that way. Our daughter has thrived and we are amazed at how far she has come since first brought to class #1. She thinks of her teachers when she is reviewing her lessons with us and thinks of each one in her prayers at night. You all do a wonderful job because it isn't just a job to any of you, it is a moment in time that will somehow mark that child forever. And, because of your caring and your selflessness, you all deserve a hug for making her life, and all the lives of the children, better for today and as ultimate adults in the community. This is a virtual Hug to each of you.... Know how much we love you! Shelley & Michael
- Posted by Parent - shell
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.