Community High School
- Community High School is a truly unique program, constantly adjusting to changing educational demands and to the needs of our population.
- Through small group instruction and innovative teaching, Community High School exposes students to the wide range of information and activities available in the educational mainstream.
- Community High School offers students a complete high school curriculum in the areas of English, literature, mathematics, history and science.
- Additional course work is provided to all students, especially those preparing for college.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||183 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Toby Braunstein|
|Admissions Associate||Michele Barretta|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- JamaicaGrades: PK-12 | 157 students
8989 Van Wyck Expy
Jamaica, NY 11435
- BronxGrades: 9-12 | 663 students
111 E 164th St
Bronx, NY 10452
- BronxGrades: 7-12 | 820 students
4300 Murdock Ave
Bronx, NY 10466
- New YorkGrades: 4-12 | 235 students
126 West 17th Street
New York, NY 10011
- RidgewoodGrades: 8-12 | 79 students
14 Hope St
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.