Community High School
- Community High School is a truly unique program, constantly adjusting to changing educational demands and to the needs of our population.
- Through small group instruction and innovative teaching, Community High School exposes students to the wide range of information and activities available in the educational mainstream.
- Community High School offers students a complete high school curriculum in the areas of English, literature, mathematics, history and science.
- Additional course work is provided to all students, especially those preparing for college.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||183 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Toby Braunstein|
|Admissions Associate||Michele Barretta|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mountain Lakes Grades: 2-12
10 Tower Hill Rd
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
(973)334-1295 22.5 2-12
- Pompton Plains Grades: 6-12 | 75 students
157 W Parkway
Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
(973)835-4989 16.9 6-12
- Wickatunk Grades: 6-12 | 166 students
160 Conover Rd
Wickatunk, NJ 07765
(732)946-4771 39 6-12
- Chatham Grades: NS | 192 students
21 Lum Ave
Chatham, NJ 07928
(973)635-1700 22.8 NS
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.