Blue Ridge Autism & Achievement Center
- Founded in 1975 and accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, The Achievement Center is a private day school offering a highly structured program for students with learning disabilities and attention deficit disorder.
- Classes have a 5:1 student/teacher ratio. The Achievement Center offers a full time day school program for students in kindergarten through ninth grade as well as a summer program and tutoring program.
- The Achievement Center is dedicated to teaching children with specific learning disabilities.
- The school creates an environment where children develop necessary skills to achieve success.
- To provide individualized instruction to children with learning disabilities and attention deficit disorder in a loving and nurturing environment.
- The Achievement Center is a day school offering a highly structured program for students with learning disabilities and attention deficit disorder.
- The purpose of The Achievement Center is to provide each student with individual learning experiences aimed at promoting his/her growth and development.
- Staff members firmly believe that each student must be offered a variety of experiences based upon his/her need and capability.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||31 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke Grades: K-12 | 60 students
775 Dent Rd
Roanoke, VA 24019
(540)265-4281 0.4 K-12
- Roanoke Grades: 9-12 | 65 students
302 Campbell Ave Se
Roanoke, VA 24013
(540)345-1688 5.3 9-12
- Orange Grades: K-9 | 35 students
719 Derby Milford Rd
Orange, CT 06477
(203)877-1426 459.1 K-9
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.