5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (276) 496-7777
Southeast Academy offers accredited schooling from home using a proven structure with experienced support! SEA has been assisting parents for over 35 years! Southeast Academy practices a rolling enrollment which means students may begin coursework on any date throughout the school year.
SEA uses a colorful paper-based or booklet format for PreK-2nd grades.
SEA uses an award winning online format for 3rd and up.
There are two different teacher support levels to choose from for 3rd-8th grades using our online system.
High school students are given our highest teacher support level.
Students are able to work from anywhere, but 3rd-12th grades will need access to internet.
More information can be found at our southeastacademyonline.com website.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||IEP support, Text to speech, customized courses|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||451 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, Comparative Government & Politics, English Language & Composition, Human Geography, Macro Economics, U.S. Government & Politics, U.S. History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,155|
|Tuition Notes||PreK and Kindergarten $500. 1st-2nd $1155. 3rd-5th $1200 or $1500 depending on program. Middle school $1450 or $1750 depending on program. High school $2200.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Beverly Eastridge|
|Admissions Associate||Mike Bruce|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Music and Bible Clubs
- Easy to use curriculum with a Christian worldview to meet your need without missing gaps: Booklet format for PreK through 2nd. Online format for 3rd grade and up.
- Thousands of multimedia features including digital tutors in our 3rd-12th grades online curriculum. Colorful fun booklet curriculum for younger grades.
- Placement testing is provided upon enrollment with a customized educational plan to meet the specific needs of your child.
- Records management includes taking care of the transfer of records from your previous school.
- Tuition payment options to fit your family`s budget.
- Achievement testing can be done directly through our school. Most states that require testing allow this instead of testing at a local public school.
- We are not just a curriculum system that calls themselves a school! SEA is accredited for all grade levels, not just high school.
- Students are issued a school identification number for taking college entrance exams, financial aid, and college applications.
- High School Honors Program has no additional cost.
- Kindergarten is a learn to read program.
- Telephone consultations for any academic, procedural, or record-keeping questions.
- Over 33 years of experience working with homeschool families.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Blackstone Grades: 1-12 | 28 students
612 N Main St
Blackstone, VA 23824
(434) 292-1213 208.4 1-12
- Seymour Grades: K-12 | 108 students
5707 Sandy Creek Drive
Seymour, IN 47274
(812) 528-7770 265.2 K-12
- Somerset Grades: K-12 | 54 students
2685 W Highway 80
Somerset, KY 42503
(606) 679-9265 160.3 K-12
- Laurinburg Grades: PK-12 | 228 students
10300 Mccoll Rd
Laurinburg, NC 28352
(910) 276-7722 195.3 PK-12
Southeast Academy has a cutting-edge online program. Our students need to comfortable with digital courses. This is the future of education. My students have been enrolled for 3 years and love the flexibility and wide course selection.
- Posted by Parent - T. Roberts
SEA has been such a blessing to our family! This is our third year and we couldn't be happier. Both of our children have blossomed under their curriculum. Enrolling them with this school was the best decision we have made, hands down.
- Posted by Parent - Clarissa G.
Southeast Academy has been a huge blessing in our lives. My son is on the autism spectrum, and though he is low on the spectrum, middle school hit hard. He sings while he works and dances in his seat while doing school now and gets amazing grades competitively. The singing in class didn't work so well in public school. This has been such a more positive and supportive education. Thank you so much for all you do. And thank you for offering Bible. It's his favorite.
- Posted by Parent - Cassandra G
Academic program is good. Teachers and Admin staff are very young and extremely rude. They absolutely do not understand ethics and costumer service basics. If not human factor, it could be a great experience.
- Posted by Parent - lana.
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.