5.00 (2 reviews)
- Southeast Academy offers accredited schooling from home using a proven structure with experienced support! SEA has been assisting parents for over 33 years! Southeast Academy practices a rolling enrollment which means students may begin coursework on any date throughout the school year.
- SEA uses a colorful paper-based or booklet format for PreK-2nd grades.
- SEA uses an award winning online format for 3rd and up.
- There are two different teacher support levels to choose from for 3rd-8th grades using our online system.
- High school students are given our highest teacher support level.
- Students are able to work from anywhere, but 3rd-12th grades will need access to internet. More information can be found at our southeastacademyonline.com website.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||711 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, Comparative Government & Politics, English Language & Composition, Human Geography, Macro Economics, U.S. Government & Politics, U.S. History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,155|
|Tuition Notes||PreK and Kindergarten $500. 1st-2nd $1155. 3rd-5th $1200 or $1500 depending on program. Middle school $1450 or $1750 depending on program. High school $2200.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Beverly Eastridge|
|Admissions Associate||Mike Bruce|
- Easy to use curriculum with a Christian worldview to meet your need without missing gaps: Booklet format for PreK through 2nd. Online format for 3rd grade and up.
- Thousands of multimedia features including digital tutors in our 3rd-12th grades online curriculum. Colorful fun booklet curriculum for younger grades.
- Placement testing is provided upon enrollment with a customized educational plan to meet the specific needs of your child.
- Records management includes taking care of the transfer of records from your previous school.
- Tuition payment options to fit your family`s budget.
- Achievement testing can be done directly through our school. Most states that require testing allow this instead of testing at a local public school.
- We are not just a curriculum system that calls themselves a school! SEA is accredited for all grade levels, not just high school.
- Students are issued a school identification number for taking college entrance exams, financial aid, and college applications.
- High School Honors Program has no additional cost.
- Kindergarten is a learn to read program.
- Telephone consultations for any academic, procedural, or record-keeping questions.
- Over 33 years of experience working with homeschool families.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- RichlandsGrades: K-12 | 21 students
Po Box 1008
Richlands, VA 24641
- RavenGrades: K-12 | 59 students
Po Box 520
Raven, VA 24639
- RichlandsGrades: PK-12 | 48 students
2506 4th St
Richlands, VA 24641
- ClevelandGrades: KG-9 | 9 students
385 Spring City Rd
Cleveland, VA 24225
- Mountain CityGrades: KG-11 | 37 students
332 Hospital Rd
Mountain City, TN 37683
Southeast Academy has been a huge blessing in our lives. My son is on the autism spectrum, and though he is low on the spectrum, middle school hit hard. He sings while he works and dances in his seat while doing school now and gets amazing grades competitively. The singing in class didn't work so well in public school. This has been such a more positive and supportive education. Thank you so much for all you do. And thank you for offering Bible. It's his favorite.
- Posted by Parent - Cassandra G
Academic program is good. Teachers and Admin staff are very young and extremely rude. They absolutely do not understand ethics and costumer service basics. If not human factor, it could be a great experience.
- Posted by Parent - lana.
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.