Liberty Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Founded in 1967 as Lynchburg Christian Academy, the school developed as a ministry of Thomas Road Baptist Church to provide Christian education to children in central Virginia.
- LCA is the largest private school in the state of Virginia.
- The Academy, founded by Dr. Jerry Falwell, stands as a viable educational choice for parents who desire to have their children taught a Christian worldview from a Bible-based curriculum.
- Recognized as an accredited institution by the Commonwealth of Virginia, regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and internationally accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International, LCA has a recognized history of academic excellence.
- Liberty Christian Academy exists to support parents and guardians in their Biblical responsibility to nurture and train their children. Thus, the Academy provides opportunities which allow students to realize their God-given potential and to live lives that glorify God in the spiritual, academic, social, physical, and vocational realms."
- Rising from the mission statement is the school's vision statement: "Liberty Christian Academy seeks to lead students to faith in Jesus Christ and to develop young men and women who adhere to a Christian worldview and think Christianly, prepared to participate as godly members of home, church, and society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Disabilities / Accomodations|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1956 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||139 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Average SAT score||1123|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Casual School Uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,552|
|Tuition Notes||PRE K: Tuition Varies based on program K: $6644 1-5: $6644 6-12: $7552 Book Fee: $330-420 (Transportation Available at additional cost)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Amy Saylor|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Winter Track, WrestlingArchery, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Weightlifting, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Archery Club, Bitty Bulldog Cheerleading, Chess Club, Elementary Wrestling, Lego Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- Liberty Christian Academy partners with parents to assist in turning their students potential into a reality!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Forest Grades: PK-12 | 389 students
202 Horizon Dr
Forest, VA 24551
(434)237-5943 5 PK-12
- Fairfax Station Grades: PK-12 | 225 students
6401 Missionary Ln
Fairfax Station, VA 22039
(703)323-8100 141.2 PK-12
Love the LCA Early Learning Center! My son and daughter go to the ELC and continue to amaze me. Recently, my son started speaking Spanish to me that he was taught in class. My daughter (2) continues to tell me about Jesus and prays for our food!
- Posted by Parent - Pre-K Mom
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.