Roanoke Catholic School
Roanoke Catholic School Photo #2 - A look over the Roanoke Catholic School campus and the surrounding area. Roanoke is located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains and has the perfect balance between city and nature.
Roanoke Catholic School Photo #3 - Students attend mass once a week at St. Andrew's Catholic Church. While 80% of our students are Catholic, we welcome students of all faiths!
Roanoke Catholic School Photo #4 - Roanoke Catholic School offers a college preparatory high school experience that includes growth of mind, body, and spirit. Our students are required to have a minimum of 40 hours of community service per year.
Roanoke Catholic School Photo #5 - Roanoke Catholic School's Football Team took home the State Championship in 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2018! Over 80% of our students participate in sports.
Roanoke Catholic School Photo #6 - There are many clubs and extracurricular activities in which students participate. This is a picture from the musical Beauty and the Beast, which was put on by RCS' Drama Club.
Roanoke Catholic School Photo #7 - By taking our Dual Enrollment and AP courses, students can graduate with up to a year of college credit, while simultaneously earning high school credits. 100% of our graduates are accepted into college and average over $3 million in scholarship money.
Roanoke Catholic School Photo #8 - We have many unique class opportunities, such as Engineering (which includes learning how to use our 3-D printer), Photojournalism, Broadcast Media, and National Parks Experience.
Roanoke Catholic School Photo #9 - Our Lower School students (PK-7th) have many opportunities to participate in extracurricular activities, such as Dance, We the People, Bitty Basketball, Soccer Shots, and Bricks for Kidz. Starting in 6th grade, students can participate in sports through the school.
- Roanoke Catholic School is dedicated to excellence in education and to the spiritual development of youth within the framework of the Gospel and the tradition of the Catholic Church; however, students aren't required to be Catholic.
- Our fundamental task is the education of the whole person, blending learning with faith and faith with daily life.
- We strive to instill in our students a lifelong commitment to learning, to Christian values, and to community service.
- We are dedicated to achieving these goals in a supportive Christian community.
- Roanoke Catholic students unveiled new artwork Monday - 04/30/2019 - Roanoke Catholic students were commissioned by Roanoke Circuit Judge David Carson to create a mural for the Roanoke City Courthouse. The mural is title "Angelus Stella" and reflects life ...morein the Roanoke Valley. hide
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||460 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Accounting Principles (DE), AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Government, AP Language, AP Literature, AP Physics, AP U.S. History, Broadcast Media (DE), English Language (DE), English Literature (DE), Management Principles (DE), Marketing Principles (DE), Spanish II (DE), Spanish III (DE), Spanish IV (DE), Spanish V (DE), The Entrepreneur (DE)|
|Average SAT score||1202|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms: khaki pants/plaid skirt and polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,740|
|Tuition Notes||Varies by grade level, $6,430-$10,740. Financial aid available for JK-12th.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Emily Gaston|
|Admissions Associate||Denise Beltran|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Bricks 4 Kidz, Celtics Live, Entomology Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Girl Squad, Help Save the Next Girl, International Club, Key Club, Medico Club, Model Arab League, National Honor Society, Prolife Club, Red Cross Club, Rosary Club, Squires, Student Ambassadors, Student Government Association, We the People
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band, Choir, Drama Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Bitty Basketball, Dance Class, Soccer Shots
- Applicants are required to submit current and past school transcripts, testing scores, attendance and disciplinary reports, and two teacher recommendations. Applicants in the 6th-12th grade must also complete an Applicant Questionnaire.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke Grades: PK-K | 94 students
5125 Hildebrand Rd. Nw
Roanoke, VA 24012
(540)362-5300 3.1 PK-K
- Roanoke Grades: PK-5 | 173 students
7422 Deer Branch Rd
Roanoke, VA 24019
(540)563-5140 4.9 PK-5
- Roanoke Grades: PK-12 | 508 students
4254 Colonial Avenue Sw
Roanoke, VA 24018
(540)989-6641 4.8 PK-12
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 1177 students
3300 Prague Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46227
(317)787-8277 372.8 9-12
- Appleton Grades: 9-12 | 522 students
1600 W. Prospect Avenue
Appleton, WI 54914
(920)733-6632 654.7 9-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.