Dayspring Christian Academy
- Working together with home and church, Dayspring Christian Academy provides a Christ-Centered, academic foundation in a nurturing environment.
- Our goal is to provide a Christ-centered, biblically-oriented education that equips each child with tools for a lifetime of love, learning, and service within their home, church, community, and beyond based on the spiritual foundation of the Christian faith.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||135 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP European History, AP Government, AP Language, AP Literature, AP US History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Financial assistance is available for qualifying families. http://www.dayspringchristianacademy.org/uploads/7/4/1/4/74146213/tuition____fees_2019-20.pdf|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||William D. Hampton|
|Admissions Associate||Donna Wood|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Service Club, Student Officers
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Yearbook Staff
- Working together with home and church, Dayspring Christian Academy provides a Christ-Centered, academic foundation in a nurturing environment. Our goal is to provide a Christ-centered, biblically-oriented education that equips each child with tools for a lifetime of love, learning, and service within their home, church, community, and beyond based on the spiritual foundation of the Christian faith.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Blacksburg Grades: K-8 | 118 students
2500 N Main St
Blacksburg, VA 24060
(540)552-6693 2.6 K-8
- Blacksburg Grades: NS-2 | 32 students
2100 North Main Street
Blacksburg, VA 24060
(540)953-1931 2.1 NS-2
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.