Blacksburg New School
The mission of the Blacksburg New School is to serve its students, teachers, and parents by providing a cooperative educational environment.
We are committed to academic and civic excellence, to individual and community responsibility, and to the love of learning.
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 126 students
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Please see school website for tuition information: www.blacksburgnewschool.org
% on Financial Aid
T.J. Stone, PhD, LPC, LMFT
- Blacksburg New School is an independent K-8 school fostering high academic achievement, creative and critical thinking, and thoughtful action.
Profile last updated:
Endorse Blacksburg New School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
December 16, 2021Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
December 15, 2021Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.