Rivermont School-alleghany Highlands
Tel: (540) 965-6388
- Rivermont Schools provide the opportunity for students to progress academically, emotionally, behaviorally and help students to build self-esteem.
- At Rivermont Schools, students learn to rely on their personal strengths to resolve problems.
- They are taught the same subjects as one would find in public schools, but with greater emphasis on managing behavior, interpersonal skills and family involvement.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Blacksburg Grades: K-8 | 123 students
2500 N Main St
Blacksburg, VA 24060
(540) 552-6693 42.9 K-8
- Charlottesville Grades: PK-12
2132 Ivy Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434) 296-5106 82.7 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.