Rivermont School-alleghany Highlands
- Rivermont Schools provide the opportunity for students to progress academically, emotionally, behaviorally and help students to build self-esteem.
- At Rivermont Schools, students learn to rely on their personal strengths to resolve problems.
- They are taught the same subjects as one would find in public schools, but with greater emphasis on managing behavior, interpersonal skills and family involvement.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Blacksburg Grades: K-8 | 118 students
2500 N Main St
Blacksburg, VA 24060
(540)552-6693 42.9 K-8
- Charlottesville Grades: NS-12 | 893 students
2132 Ivy Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434)296-5106 82.7 NS-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.