Charlottesville Day School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- At Charlottesville Day School, students discover the joy of learning and demonstrate a positive attitude towards lifelong intellectual, moral, and social growth.
- Children at CDS develop the self-confidence, imagination, and skills to live fulfilling lives and to realize their individual potential.
- CDS provides a supportive educational environment that fosters respect for others, develops well rounded interests, rewards sportsmanship, and cultivates interpersonal skills.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-7|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlottesville Grades: NS-12 | 893 students
2132 Ivy Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434)296-5106 3 NS-12
- Wheeling Grades: 5-12 | 429 students
60 Knox Ln
Wheeling, WV 26003
(304)233-3260 181.7 5-12
- Madison Grades: K-12 | 221 students
4901 E Buckeye Road
Madison, WI 53716
(608)221-1520 663.3 K-12
- Antigo Grades: PK-8 | 204 students
419 6th Ave
Antigo, WI 54409
(715)623-4835 734.5 PK-8
CDS is a Godsend. My daughter has flourished academically and socially in the very student-centered, nurturing environment. The teachers are top-notch and the experience has been a breath of fresh air. She runs into the building because she's so excited to go to school!
- Posted by Parent - RLC
The best school in Virginia. Amazing Faculty!
- Posted by Parent - ASCD
This is the top school in Charlottesville. Too many wonderful things to write. Schedule a tour. Seriously. My reason for writing: Much of the information listed in this database is incorrect: The CDS campus is conveniently located DOWNTOWN at 320 10th St NE, Charlottesville, VA 22902, which is diagonal from the old Martha Jefferson Hospital building. CDS serves preschool through middle school. (2 years old through 8th grade)
- Posted by Parent - teamn
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.