Charlottesville Day School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (434) 817-2371
- At Charlottesville Day School, students discover the joy of learning and demonstrate a positive attitude towards lifelong intellectual, moral, and social growth.
- Children at CDS develop the self-confidence, imagination, and skills to live fulfilling lives and to realize their individual potential.
- CDS provides a supportive educational environment that fosters respect for others, develops well rounded interests, rewards sportsmanship, and cultivates interpersonal skills.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||184 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlottesville Grades: PK-12 | 560 students
175 Hickory St
Charlottesville, VA 22902
(434) 220-7330 5.6 PK-12
- Charlottesville Grades: PK-12 | 885 students
2132 Ivy Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434) 296-5106 3 PK-12
- Blacksburg Grades: K-8 | 123 students
2500 N Main St
Blacksburg, VA 24060
(540) 552-6693 119.6 K-8
Adore this school. Kids are nurtured, supported, and challenged all at the same time. Both our excited to start each day.
- Posted by Parent - CDS Parent
CDS is a Godsend. My daughter has flourished academically and socially in the very student-centered, nurturing environment. The teachers are top-notch and the experience has been a breath of fresh air. She runs into the building because she's so excited to go to school!
- Posted by Parent - RLC
The best school in Virginia. Amazing Faculty!
- Posted by Parent - ASCD
This is the top school in Charlottesville. Too many wonderful things to write. Schedule a tour. Seriously. My reason for writing: Much of the information listed in this database is incorrect: The CDS campus is conveniently located DOWNTOWN at 320 10th St NE, Charlottesville, VA 22902, which is diagonal from the old Martha Jefferson Hospital building. CDS serves preschool through middle school. (2 years old through 8th grade)
- Posted by Parent - teamn
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.