Xavier High School
- Xavier High School's mission is to create for its students a Catholic Christian community in which students, faculty, staff, and parents may together: foster a faith relationship with God, show a loving concern for neighbors, develop individual talents, strive for academic excellence in a world of ever-changing technology, and nurture a sense of personal dignity.
- Our mission empowers and energizes this faith community to serve the Fox Valley area, acquire a global vision, and challenge society with the values of Jesus Christ.
- Xavier High School is part of the St. Francis Xavier Catholic School System offering 3 year old pre-kindergarten through 12th grade.
Xavier High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Wisconsin for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||553 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, College Business, English, Environmental Science, German, Macro Economics, Personal Finance, Psychology, Pysics, Sociology, Spanish, Statistics, U.S. Government & Politics, U.S. History|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and collared or Xavier shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,995|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarship Assistance is available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,050|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tara Pearce|
|Admissions Associate||Deanna Dupont|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Ice Hockey, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||31 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Book Club, Campus Ministry, Chess Club, Chinese Honor Society, Environmental Club, French Honor Society, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), German Honor Society, International Club, Key Club, Link Crew, Math League, Peer Helpers, Psychology Club, Robotics Club, Rock for Life Club, Spanish Club, Spanish Honor Society, Spirit Think Tank, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Xavier Honor Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Cinematography Club, Forensics, Mock Trial, Photography Club, Theatre Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Bowling Club, Ping Pong Club, Ski Clu
- Xavier High School has been recognized by the Cardinal Newman Society as one of the top 50 Catholic high schools in the country. This was based on excellence in Catholic identity, civic education and academic achievement.
- Xavier students have an average composite ACT score of 25.7 with 98% of the classes taking the test.
- Xavier has established a "bring your own device" (BYOD) program in the area of technology. All students are required to have a laptop to use in their classes. Many textbooks are online and Google Docs are used for many assignments. Xavier uses Haiku as a learning management system.
- Xavier has used a block schedule since 1996. Students typically have four classes a day with no study halls. The graduation requirement is 29 credits but most students earn more than this minimum.
- Xavier offers a five-year program in Spanish, German, Chinese and French.
- Xavier offers Project Lead The Way (PLTW) courses in engineering and biomedical sciences. These are hands-on, project-based courses that are for the most part offered outside the school day/year. These courses are supplemental to our core science classes.
- Fifty international students from more than a dozen countries attend Xavier.
- Xavier excels in athletics and the arts and offers numerous opportunities to its students to grow in their faith.
- Xavier has a Christian Service requirement. Students must perform 10 hours of service each semester for a total of 80 hours before graduation. Most students perform at least twice that number before graduation.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 1223 students
3300 Prague Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46227
(317)787-8277 336.8 9-12
- Roanoke Grades: PK-12 | 502 students
621 N Jefferson St
Roanoke, VA 24016
(540)982-3532 654.7 PK-12
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.