Roncalli High School
Tel: (317) 787-8277
- Roncalli High School is an interparochial archdiocesan Catholic high school.
- Roncalli High School features an array of college and life preparatory courses in a variety of areas. Roncalli's advanced level courses, or its honors and AP courses, are designed to encourage accelerated students to work and achieve at a more intense level than is possible in other classes.
- Students are encouraged to develop creative skills, analyze situations and problems with inductive and deductive reasoning, and to see beyond the assigned pages of an assignment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2003|
|Total Students||1,177 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||76 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,425|
|Admissions Director||Allie Ross|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Roncalli High School is an interparochial archdiocesan Catholic high school. The term interparochial refers to the fact that the school receives financial and pastoral support, along with the majority of its students, from the 14 parishes that comprise the South Deanery of the Indianapolis Archdiocese. The school is named Roncalli in honor of Cardinal Angelo Roncalli, who, upon being elected pope by the College of Cardinals in 1958, took the name of Pope John XXIII.Established in 1969, through the consolidation of Chartrand High School and Kennedy Memorial High School, Roncalli today serves over 1,050 students. The majority of students are enrolled in a college preparatory curriculum but the school offers a comprehensive curriculum for students of all levels of ability. Since the initiation of the special needs resource program in 1993, over 100 students with a variety of learning disabilities are served through our award winning STARS program.Roncalli has three times - 1993, 1998, and 2003 - been recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence. It is the only high school in Indiana to have achieved this distinction three times.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 713 students
5885 Crittenden Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46220
(317) 251-1451 11.9 9-12
- Indianapolis Grades: PK-12 | 922 students
7200 N College Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46240
(317) 415-2700 13.6 PK-12
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 458 students
5000 Nowland Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46201
(317) 356-6377 6.8 9-12
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 800 students
2801 W 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46268
(317) 524-7050 16.2 9-12
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 1074 students
5225 E 56th St
Indianapolis, IN 46226
(317) 542-1481 11.5 9-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.