Roncalli High School is an interparochial archdiocesan Catholic high school.
Roncalli High School features an array of college and life preparatory courses in a variety of areas. Roncalli's advanced level courses, or its honors and AP courses, are designed to encourage accelerated students to work and achieve at a more intense level than is possible in other classes.
Students are encouraged to develop creative skills, analyze situations and problems with inductive and deductive reasoning, and to see beyond the assigned pages of an assignment.
- Top Ranked IN School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 1,177 students
- Yearly Tuition: $13,615
- Average class size: 28 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Learning Difference Programs
Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2003
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Khaki or navy pants and RHS polo or sweatshirt
Khaki or navy pants and RHS polo or sweatshirt
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Total Sports Offered
- Roncalli High School is an interparochial archdiocesan Catholic high school. The term interparochial refers to the fact that the school receives financial and pastoral support, along with the majority of its students, from the 14 parishes that comprise the South Deanery of the Indianapolis Archdiocese. The school is named Roncalli in honor of Cardinal Angelo Roncalli, who, upon being elected pope by the College of Cardinals in 1958, took the name of Pope John XXIII.Established in 1969, through the consolidation of Chartrand High School and Kennedy Memorial High School, Roncalli today serves over 1,050 students. The majority of students are enrolled in a college preparatory curriculum but the school offers a comprehensive curriculum for students of all levels of ability. Since the initiation of the special needs resource program in 1993, over 100 students with a variety of learning disabilities are served through our award winning STARS program.Roncalli has three times - 1993, 1998, and 2003 - been recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence. It is the only high school in Indiana to have achieved this distinction three times.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Roncalli High School cost?
Roncalli High School's tuition is approximately $13,615 for private students.
What schools are Roncalli High School often compared to?
Roncalli High Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Cathedral High School by visitors of our site.
What sports does Roncalli High School offer?
Roncalli High School offers 18 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling. Roncalli High School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Indiana for most sports offered.
What is Roncalli High School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Roncalli High School?
The application deadline for Roncalli High School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Roncalli High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
The Evolution of Early Reading Strategies for Children
Explore the journey of early reading strategies from the 17th century to the present day, uncovering the evolution of tools, methods, and technologies that have shaped how children learn to read. This article delves into the historical milestones and contemporary approaches that offer a fascinating look at literacy development in children.
The Evolution of School Choice: A Focus on Vouchers
Explore the history and evolution of school choice, focusing on vouchers. This article provides an in-depth analysis of vouchers' origins, growth, benefits, and criticisms as part of the broader school choice movement, along with a look at current trends and future outlook.
August 11, 2023Admissions Matters: Following Up, The Competition, & Deadlines
Navigating the complex landscape of private high school admissions requires expertise and insight. This article delves into essential areas that every school should master: inquiry follow-up, standing out in a competitive market, and choosing between rolling admissions and fixed admissions deadlines.