Roncalli High School
Roncalli High School is an interparochial archdiocesan Catholic high school.
Roncalli High School features an array of college and life preparatory courses in a variety of areas. Roncalli's advanced level courses, or its honors and AP courses, are designed to encourage accelerated students to work and achieve at a more intense level than is possible in other classes.
Students are encouraged to develop creative skills, analyze situations and problems with inductive and deductive reasoning, and to see beyond the assigned pages of an assignment.
- Top Ranked IN School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 1,177 students
- Yearly Tuition: $11,425
- Average class size: 28 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Learning Difference Programs
Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2003
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 22%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Total Sports Offered
- Roncalli High School is an interparochial archdiocesan Catholic high school. The term interparochial refers to the fact that the school receives financial and pastoral support, along with the majority of its students, from the 14 parishes that comprise the South Deanery of the Indianapolis Archdiocese. The school is named Roncalli in honor of Cardinal Angelo Roncalli, who, upon being elected pope by the College of Cardinals in 1958, took the name of Pope John XXIII.Established in 1969, through the consolidation of Chartrand High School and Kennedy Memorial High School, Roncalli today serves over 1,050 students. The majority of students are enrolled in a college preparatory curriculum but the school offers a comprehensive curriculum for students of all levels of ability. Since the initiation of the special needs resource program in 1993, over 100 students with a variety of learning disabilities are served through our award winning STARS program.Roncalli has three times - 1993, 1998, and 2003 - been recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence. It is the only high school in Indiana to have achieved this distinction three times.
Profile last updated: 07/29/2021
Endorse Roncalli High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.