Cathedral High School
Cathedral High School Photo #2 - Students have a wide range of opportunities to participate in the arts, including visual art, fine art, theatre, band, choir, and more.
- Cathedral, a Catholic college preparatory high school in the Holy Cross tradition, helping a diverse group of students to grow spiritually, intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically to have the competence to see and the courage to act.
- Founded in 1918, the school enrolls students from more than 150 schools in Indiana and beyond.
- 100% of Cathedral students graduate and more than 99% of the graduates attend colleges and universities. The class of 2019 earned a record $56,000,000 in college scholarships.
- Cathedral is committed to diversity of all kinds, including academic diversity, and offers three academic levels of instruction to meet the individual needs of the students.
- The Learning Resource Center and the renowned Language Support Program serve students with diagnosed learning difference.
Cathedral High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Indiana for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based/autism spectrum|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2004, 2016|
|Total Students||1074 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||96 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||27 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP European History, AP French V, AP German V, AP Human Geography, AP Language & Composition, AP Latin V, AP Literature & Composition, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish V, AP Spanish VI, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP U.S. Government & Politics--We the People, AP United States History, AP World History, IB Biology, IB Chemistry, IB English, IB French, IB Geography, IB German, IB History of the Americas, IB Latin, IB Math, IB Physics, IB Psychology, IB Spanish|
|Average SAT score||1190|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform: khaki pants and uniform shirts/sweatshirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Oct. 1 / Dec. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,765|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid and Merit Scholarships are available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,723|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Anna Taul|
|Admissions Associate||Beth Wissler|
|Total Sports Offered||20 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Intramural Sports Only, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Intramural Sports Only, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||34 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Book Club, Brain Game (Academic Competition), CAFE Club (Multicultural Club), Concert Choir, Dance Team, Environmental Club, Film Study Club, Flag Corps/Drill Team, French Club, German Club, Gospel Choir, Habitat for Humanity, Intramural Athletics, Jazz Band, Latin Club, Liturgy Planning Committee, Marching Band, Math League, Model United Nations, Newspaper, Orchestra, Pro Life Club, Promise to Keep, Robotics, Science Club, Service Clubs, Spanish Club, Speech Team, Student Council, Student Government, Theatre, We the People, Yearbook|
- Cathedral, a Catholic college preparatory high school in the Holy Cross tradition, provides to a diverse group of students opportunities for spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional and physical growth to have the competence to see and the courage to act. Founded in 1918, the school enrolls students from more than 150 schools in Indiana and beyond. While more than 99% of the graduates immediately attend colleges and universities across the country, the school is committed to academic diversity and offers three academic levels of instruction to meet the individual needs of the students plus a Learning Resource Center with the school's renowned Language Support Porgram for students with diagnosed learning differences. The most recent graduating class earned more than $56 million in college/university scholarships and awards, and 100% were accepted at four-year colleges/universities.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 800 students
2801 W 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46268
(317)524-7050 7.7 9-12
- Indianapolis Grades: 7-12 | 618 students
3360 W 30th St
Indianapolis, IN 46222
(317)924-4333 7.7 7-12
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 448 students
5000 Nowland Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46201
(317)356-6377 4.7 9-12
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 686 students
5885 Crittenden Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46220
(317)251-1451 2.4 9-12
- Indianapolis Grades: PK-12 | 922 students
7200 N College Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46240
(317)415-2700 3.9 PK-12
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.