Park Tudor School
Park Tudor School Photo #5 - Teachers get to know each student personally and work with each student's learning style.
Park Tudor School Photo #8 - Foster Hall built by the Lilly family in 1927 and dedicated to composer Stephen Foster.
Exceptional Educators. Extraordinary Opportunities. Here at Park Tudor, we pride ourselves on upholding a tradition of academic excellence that began in 1902.
Park Tudor is a private college-preparatory school in Indianapolis, Indiana.
As an independent school for children age 3 through grade 12, we provide an individualized learning environment where children are encouraged to explore opportunities, exceed expectations and expand possibilities.
Small class sizes, a safe and caring atmosphere, and numerous extracurricular activities ensure that each child at Park Tudor receives a unique educational experience catered to his or her individual needs.
- Top Ranked IN School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 922 students
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 15 / Jan. 31 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 23%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Average SAT score
Average ACT score
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Dec. 15 / Jan. 31 / rolling
Varies by grade level
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
Total Sports Offered
- 9-to-1 student-teacher ratio
- 100% college placement rate; 98% of students attend one of their top 3 colleges of choice
- More than $3 million in financial aid awarded annually to our students
- Consistently among the highest average SAT scores in the state
- Indy`s only Global Scholars Program: Park Tudor's unique version of the International Baccalaureate, designed specifically to be the ultimate college preparatory program for highly motivated juniors and seniors
- Focus on global citizenship through comprehensive world languages program starting in junior kindergarten
- 26% of student body come from racially and ethnically diverse backgrounds
- 16 Upper School and 12 Middle School sports offered
- 80% of students participate in fine arts and 80% play on an athletic team
- International experiences for students in grades 4-12 through study-travel programs
- 16 Advanced Placement classes
- Extensive service learning program
- Full-day junior and senior kindergarten programs
Source: Verified school update
My kids are only in the lower school, but man, do we love this place. The kids are learning such important life skills - empathy, humility, leadership/speaking skills, intellectual curiosity, and most importantly the value of relationships. Yes, it`s academically elite, but these other skills are so important to learn at that age. If you are considering private education, you want the best for your child but know there is always the risk of entitlement.... Park Tudor has somehow found the right formula in the lower school.
Endorse Park Tudor School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.