International School Of Indiana
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (317) 923-1951
International School Of Indiana Photo #2 - ISI is the first school in Indiana to receive authorization to offer all three International Baccalaureate programs: the Primary Years Program, the Middle Years Program and the Diploma Program. All ISI high school students take the full college preparatory IB Diploma program in Grades 11 and 12. Results over the last four years have been 5% above the world average and 14% above the average for IB schools in North and South America.
International School Of Indiana Photo #3 - The International School of Indiana (ISI) is proud to be recognized as a Top 50 High School by the Washington Post in their annual "High School Challenge" rankings report. The Washington Post Challenge Index measures a high school's effort to challenge all of its students.
The mission of the International School of Indiana is to provide our students with a world-class education that prepares them to be responsible citizens and effective leaders in a rapidly globalizing and interdependent world.
The International School of Indiana (ISI) was established in 1994 against the background of a rapidly changing world, to support Indianapolis in its efforts to participate in the global economy. Today, ISI is a 3-year-old through Grade 12 school of approximately 600 students, and provides a multicultural education with high academic expectations, a very strong foreign language component, and an international perspective. ISI students are "Ready for the World Stage".
International School Of Indiana places among the top 20% of private schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- SAT Score Highest average SAT score
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||European Council for International Schools|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||549 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||100 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Advanced Courses||International Baccalaureate Diploma|
|Average SAT score||1300|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-Elementary (3 Years-Old – Kindergarten): $19,488 per year Elementary (Grades 1-5): $19,207 per year Middle School (Grades 6-8): $19,580 per year High School (Grades 9-12): $21,028 per year|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Whitney Ramsay|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess Club, Film Club, Math Pentathalon, Student Council, Timmy Global Health Club, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Dance Team, Strings Ensemble, Theater
- Our small classes and dedicated teachers recruited from the USA and from around the world ensure personal attention in a culturally diverse setting. Children in our pre-elementary program are taught in either Spanish, French or Mandarin for most of the day. This total immersion approach builds remarkable fluency at a young age.
- In 2011, ISI became the first school in Indiana to be authorized by the International Baccalaureate (IB) Organization to offer all three IB programs, and only the second school in the entire Midwest to achieve this distinction.
- ISI is the 14th school in the United States to be authorized for all three programs and only the 8th private school.
- High School Graduation Rate: 100%
- College Attendance Rate: 100%
- IB Diploma Results (Class of 2016) placed ISI among top performing high schools in the USA, and among the top performing international schools around the world
- Our graduating class of 33 students in 2016 was offered $4.3 million in academic merit scholarships and these students are now studying at some of the finest universities locally, nationally and internationally
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Indianapolis Grades: NS-8 | 442 students
1750 W 64th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46260
(317) 202-2500 2.8 NS-8
This school is a the best environment I could have my children in in Indianapolis. The teachers, staff and administrators are incredible-they are constantly innovating new ways to develop curriculum that has meaningful, long-term impacts for our children's futures--and all done in a language immersion environment! After 5 years and with 3 children here, I highly recommend ISI to anyone who values culture, language, diversity, systems thinking and compassion. The new Head of School is a dynamic leader who will continue to bring about positive change as well.
- Posted by Parent - D.S.
We LOVE ISI! So fortunate that Indianapolis has this remarkable school.
- Posted by Parent - stacy
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.