Roanoke Valley Christian Schools
- Roanoke Valley Christian Schools is a private, coeducational, Christian school for students in K3 (pre-kindergarten) through Grade 12.
- RVCS was founded in 1973, and currently has 969 graduates.
- The thrust is basically discipleship in nature, and our mission is to serve as partners with Christian parents as they obey the command of God to train their children in truth.
- RVCS is dedicated to the development of Christian academic standards in its students.
- The curriculum is challenging and college preparatory in nature. The average student at RVCS scored higher than 85% of all students taking the Iowa Tests of Basic Skills battery during the most recent testing.
- The majority of our graduates enter college. A variety of textbooks are in use, both from secular and Christian publishing companies.
- All educational objectives are infused with God's Word. A minimum of 24 credits is required in grades 9-12 for graduation.
- This exceeds the requirements of most area schools. Teachers are qualified college graduates, committed to the goals of Christian education, and all of our full-time teachers are certified by the Association of Christian Schools International.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||353 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.