Roanoke Valley Christian Schools
- Roanoke Valley Christian Schools is a private, coeducational, Christian school for students in K3 (pre-kindergarten) through Grade 12.
- RVCS was founded in 1973, and currently has 969 graduates.
- The thrust is basically discipleship in nature, and our mission is to serve as partners with Christian parents as they obey the command of God to train their children in truth.
- RVCS is dedicated to the development of Christian academic standards in its students.
- The curriculum is challenging and college preparatory in nature. The average student at RVCS scored higher than 85% of all students taking the Iowa Tests of Basic Skills battery during the most recent testing.
- The majority of our graduates enter college. A variety of textbooks are in use, both from secular and Christian publishing companies.
- All educational objectives are infused with God's Word. A minimum of 24 credits is required in grades 9-12 for graduation.
- This exceeds the requirements of most area schools. Teachers are qualified college graduates, committed to the goals of Christian education, and all of our full-time teachers are certified by the Association of Christian Schools International.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||327 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke Grades: NS-12 | 497 students
4254 Colonial Avenue Sw
Roanoke, VA 24018
(540)989-6641 7.9 NS-12
- Roanoke Grades: PK-12 | 258 students
3230 King St Ne
Roanoke, VA 24012
(540)982-2400 4.6 PK-12
- Greensboro Grades: PK-12 | 461 students
3919 Pleasant Garden Rd
Greensboro, NC 27406
(336)379-8380 91.9 PK-12
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.