Smith Mountain Lake Christian Academy
- SMLCA exist to prepare students for today, tomorrow and Eternity.
- Academic rigor with a Biblical worldview. Athletics with grace and determination. Art and music with passion and beauty.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||185 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki or Navy Bottoms and Polo Shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,700|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lincoln Bryan|
|Admissions Associate||Annette Bryan|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||chess, choir, Lego League, SGA, Step Team, Yearbook chess, choir, Lego League, SGA, Step Team, Yearbook,|
- Pre K 2 through 12th Grade.
- Excellent curriculum
- Creative electives
- Spanish K-2 through Spanish 4
- Superb teaching staff.
- Chromebooks for each high school student.
- Choirs and band
- Ipad cart
- Chess club
- Mission trips and service projects
- People that viewed Smith Mountain Lake Christian Academy also viewed these schools: Christian Heritage Academy.
I am very pleased with the academic and ethical values instilled at SMLCA. INTEGRITY INSTITUTE is just one facet of the extra attention and love that my daughter embodies from her exposure to the low teacher-student ratios. And, we have the freedom to Pray and say the Pledge to our country. Smlca is an affiliate school of Renewanation.
- Posted by Parent - RegSM