Community Of Faith Christian School
- Community of Faith Christian School, a private school in El Paso, Texas, began its ministry in 1981 with 15 pre-school students.
- By adding approximately one grade per year, the school grew steadily and, in 2004, the enrollment included 180 students ranging from three-year-old to eighth graders.
- Community of Faith Christian School is an independent, interdenominational school.
- The school is located in west El Paso, in the beautiful, green upper valley.
- All grades are taught using the biblically-based A Beka curriculum, one of the few curricula that offers intensive phonics instruction in its reading program.
- It is an advanced curriculum resulting in student achievement that is consistently well above average.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,964|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost varies according to grade level from $2964 -$5065.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Blanca E Mixer|
|Admissions Associate||Corina Pinedo|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art, Choir, Computer Science, Spanish, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Athletic Competitions: Volleyball, Basketball, Presidential Fitness Physical Education, Track & Field
- A Beka Curriculum
- Bible Instruction and Biblical Integration in all subjects
- Character Training
- Superior Academis with a Christian Worldview
- SAT Results Consistently above Average
- Computer Lab & Internet Access
- Certified Teachers
- An ACSI Member School
- Serving El Paso since 1981 in the Westside Shady Upper Valley
Before and After School Day Care
Summer School - Remedial/Enrichment
Math-U-See ( a Multi-Sensory Math Approach)
Specialized One-on-One Tutoring
Certified Language Therapis on Site
Targeting children with diagnosed Reading, Writing, and Spelling Disorders
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- El Paso Grades: PK-8 | 285 students
400 W Sunset Rd
El Paso, TX 79922
(915) 581-8801 0.6 PK-8
- El Paso Grades: NS-8
403 Frontera Rd
El Paso, TX 79922
(915) 584-5728 0.9 NS-8
- El Paso Grades: K | 70 students
244 N Resler Dr
El Paso, TX 79912
(915) 587-4652 1.7 K
Have dealt with Community of Faith Christian School for the past six years and have found them to be caring group and to provide an excellent education for their students.
- Posted by Parent - danb
My son has been a student of this school for the last 2 years. Next year he will start K5. I cannot be more thankfull for how his teachers have helped him develop not only academically, but phisically and spiritually. The cirriculum that is taught is very advanced and comprehensive at all grades. I happen to know this very well because I know other parents who have their children in upper grades and, not only do they come several grades advanced in their standardized nation-wide tests but because when they have graduated and they go to high school, they have been so much better prepared than the rest of their high school peers.
- Posted by Parent - mcsae
CFCS is a fantastic school that for several years has provided the children of our community with a sound academic and spiritual foundation. The school provides an excellent learning environment where the students are educated, encouraged, edified, and cared for on a daily basis. The student to teacher ratio is ideal; it provides the kids with an environment that is conducive to learning, and it promotes class and school unity. Simply put, CFCS is a school that is committed to the absolute well-being of its students!
- Posted by Teacher - palva
My children attended Community of Faith Christian School. The education they received was far beyond my expectations. All three of my boys did exceedingly well in high school due to the strong foundation they received at CFCS. I am thankful that they were able to attend some of the best universities in the United States. Now they are productive citizens.
- Posted by Parent - bmixe