Connecticut Junior Republic
5.00 (1 review)
- The Connecticut Junior Republic (CJR) is a private non-profit organization dedicated to helping troubled youth become productive members of their communities.
- CJR accomplishes its mission of service by providing residential and community-based care, treatment and education programs to help troubled boys and girls and their families.
- Children today need help for problems that include emotional disturbance, damaged self-esteem, learning disabilities and the results of negative family and community environments.
- State agencies serving children and families, the courts, local education agencies, and private referral sources turn to CJR for assistance in helping troubled youth.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Litchfield Grades: 7-12 | 15 students
11 Country Place
Litchfield, CT 06759
(860)567-3809 3.2 7-12
- Norwalk Grades: 4-12 | 120 students
57 West Rocks Road
Norwalk, CT 06851
(203)229-0465 45 4-12
- Torrington Grades: PK-12 | 88 students
387 New Harwinton Rd
Torrington, CT 06790
(860)482-7464 6.1 PK-12
It was honestly the best educational place I ever attended in my child hood I could not have asked for better people to help me learn or to know ever I graduated in mid 2000 but still to this day use and benefit the from knowledge gained during my time there... At the time I didnt and wanted nothing more than to be home but today as a grown man appreciate the man I became and the year I spent there definitely had a major impact on who I am!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - David Desjardin
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.