Connecticut Junior Republic
5.00 (1 review)
- The Connecticut Junior Republic (CJR) is a private non-profit organization dedicated to helping troubled youth become productive members of their communities.
- CJR accomplishes its mission of service by providing residential and community-based care, treatment and education programs to help troubled boys and girls and their families.
- Children today need help for problems that include emotional disturbance, damaged self-esteem, learning disabilities and the results of negative family and community environments.
- State agencies serving children and families, the courts, local education agencies, and private referral sources turn to CJR for assistance in helping troubled youth.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Litchfield Grades: 7-12 | 15 students
11 Country Place
Litchfield, CT 06759
(860)567-3809 3.2 7-12
- Norwalk Grades: 4-12 | 120 students
57 West Rocks Road
Norwalk, CT 06851
(203)229-0465 45 4-12
- Torrington Grades: PK-12 | 88 students
387 New Harwinton Rd
Torrington, CT 06790
(860)482-7464 6.1 PK-12
It was honestly the best educational place I ever attended in my child hood I could not have asked for better people to help me learn or to know ever I graduated in mid 2000 but still to this day use and benefit the from knowledge gained during my time there... At the time I didnt and wanted nothing more than to be home but today as a grown man appreciate the man I became and the year I spent there definitely had a major impact on who I am!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - David Desjardin
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.