Connecticut Junior Republic
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The Connecticut Junior Republic (CJR) is a private non-profit organization dedicated to helping troubled youth become productive members of their communities.
- CJR accomplishes its mission of service by providing residential and community-based care, treatment and education programs to help troubled boys and girls and their families.
- Children today need help for problems that include emotional disturbance, damaged self-esteem, learning disabilities and the results of negative family and community environments.
- State agencies serving children and families, the courts, local education agencies, and private referral sources turn to CJR for assistance in helping troubled youth.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Litchfield Grades: 7-12 | 15 students
11 Country Place
Litchfield, CT 06759
(860)567-3809 3.2 7-12
- Norwalk Grades: 4-12 | 120 students
57 West Rocks Road
Norwalk, CT 06851
(203)229-0465 45 4-12
Dear CJR, & it's past & present staff. I attended CJR in the mid-70s for approx 3 yrs. Without any doubt, it had a huge impact on me while I attended, as well years after. I would like to thank all the instructors & staff involved at the time of my schooling there. No question their professionalism & instructions helped mold who I am today. To that I am ever thankful. I was very troubled as a young male coming into my adolescence & they helped me face very personal demons at such a young age. I thank them for that with my heart, mind, body & soul! To anyone considers having one of their own attend, I would highly recommend it. CJR not only help me define who I am but also helped me to be the creative person I have become today, & I will never be able to thank or repay them for that. CJR I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being there when a very young male needed someone to believe in him, & when no one else would, you did. THANK YOU!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Daniel Jackson
It was honestly the best educational place I ever attended in my child hood I could not have asked for better people to help me learn or to know ever I graduated in mid 2000 but still to this day use and benefit the from knowledge gained during my time there... At the time I didnt and wanted nothing more than to be home but today as a grown man appreciate the man I became and the year I spent there definitely had a major impact on who I am!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - David Desjardin
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.