Welcome to a thriving community of families and educators.
CMS offers a safe, nurturing, and enriching educational environment for children of ages 2-1/2 through 6 years.
Please contact us to arrange to tour the facilities, meet faculty, and observe in classrooms.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked OR School
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 100 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Corvallis Montessori School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Oregon for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
% on Financial Aid
- The Montessori approach offers benefits for children beginning from birth. To help parents and future parents learn how Montessori can be incorporated into family life, CMS encourages you to contact us and also to access the resources listed on our website. The prime time for enrollment in the CMS community is when the child is 2 1/2 - 3. Parents are encouraged to think ahead and to apply to the CMS waiting list. Spaces are sometimes available for children over 4. Our Primary and Elementary environments includes children of a 3-year age range; children thrive in the familiar mini-community through each three-year developmental cycle. In the Primary program, 2 1/2 through 6 year olds enjoy a peaceful, zestful atmosphere of "real life" activities and sensorially-based learning. The Elementary program includes all fields of study, in a self-directed, collaborative, expanding environment. An enriching before and after-school program is available on-site. Corvallis Montessori school is affiliated with the original and authentic Montessori organization, Association Montessori Internationale. CMS invites you to visit, to learn first-hand the uniqueness of Montessori and of this special community.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Corvallis Montessori School often compared to?
Corvallis Montessori Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Ashbrook Independent School, Corvallis Waldorf School by visitors of our site.
What is Corvallis Montessori School's ranking?
Corvallis Montessori School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Oregon for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees.
When is the application deadline for Corvallis Montessori School?
The application deadline for Corvallis Montessori School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
My child has been going to Corvallis Montessori School for a year and a half. In that time I have seen a remarkable change in every aspect of her life. Starting as a shy child, she is now out going and adventurous. Her self confidence and independence is amazing to witness. With the great care, attention, and dedication that the staff of CMS bring to all the children and parents, I can't imagine not sending my child to CMS.
I have had children in the toddler, primary, and elementary levels at CMS. In reading, my child jumped up 5 grade levels in 1.5 years. My children learn math concepts tangibly, intuitively, that I struggled with even into adulthood. In this era of attention disorders, I especially value a learning environment that allows a child to pursue an interest in depth and focus on it as long as they are interested--instead of having to switch subjects at 30-40 minute intervals. The blended age classrooms enable children to work at their own pace--without getting bored or falling behind. Older children share lessons with younger children, which reinforces the information and fosters self-esteem. My children have also enjoyed learning drama, movement, spanish, science, and art from community experts.
Endorse Corvallis Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Montessori Schools: An Overview
Are you curious about an educational approach that nurtures independent, creative, and lifelong learners? Look no further! We invite you to dive into the fascinating world of Montessori education and unlock its incredible potential for your children.
Securing Your School
With the rise of school shootings and other violent incidents, it is essential to have a comprehensive plan in place to protect everyone on your school campus.
Overview of State Voucher Programs in the United States
More than twelve states and the District of Columbia have education voucher programs. We describe the various programs and offer suggestions on how to use them so your child can attend private school.