- Covenant School strives to graduate young men and women who think clearly and listen carefully with discernment and understanding, who reason persuasively and articulate precisely, who are capable of evaluating their entire range of experience in the light of the Scriptures, and who do so with eagerness in joyful submission to God.
- Our goal is to teach students to diligently, skillfully, and joyfully pursue Truth (God's Word), Beauty (the arts), and Goodness (Christian character) as defined by Scripture and Creation.
- We encourage every student to develop a love for learning and to achieve his maximum academic potential.
- Our goal is that our students will be well versed in the history, literature, and the arts of Western civilization and will be proficient in mathematics and science.
- We desire them to recognize cultural influences as distinct from biblical ones, and to be unswayed towards evil by the former.
- We aim to find them well-prepared in all situations, equipped with the tools of learning, possessing both information and the knowledge of how to use it, desiring to grow in understanding, yet fully realizing the limitations and foolishness of the wisdom of this world.
- Students should be able to distinguish real religion from religion in form only, possessing the former, knowing and loving the Lord Jesus Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 6%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntington Grades: PK-8 | 382 students
1326 6th Ave
Huntington, WV 25701
(304)522-2644 1.5 PK-8
- Culloden Grades: K-12 | 60 students
1948 Martin Lane
Culloden, WV 25510
(304)743-3751 19.2 K-12
- Hurricane Grades: K-7 | 99 students
2440 Us Route 60
Hurricane, WV 25526
(304)562-3900 21.2 K-7
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.