Mountain State Christian School
Founded in 1966, Mountain State Christian School was the first Protestant school in West Virginia! MSCS offers academic excellence from K3 to Grade 12 with a Christian, Bible-based curriculum. MSCS is now accepting applications for student admission!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 7%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,800|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact MSCS for current rates.|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
- Our GUIDING PRINCIPLES form the foundation that drives us at Mountain State Christian School. Whether in the boardroom or the classroom, every decision make is filtered through the guiding principles.
- 1-CHRIST CENTERED EDUCATION: MSCS strives to ensure our educational ENVIRONMENTAL are filtered through a CHRIST CENTERED lens. It is our belief that a Christ centered education best prepares students to beResponsblE cOntribUting members of society. A Christ centered education is more than theology. Moral and ethic instruction, character building and personal responsibility are a few of the many areas that a Christ centered education covers.
- 2_PARENTENTAL ENGAGEMENT: The success of the student is directly connected to the level of parental EngaGement. MSCS works to build open and clear lines of communication with parents. This partnership in which both the school and the home are reinforcing the same values is one of the advantages of a private school. When this partnership is maximized, it create the maximum educational impact for students.
- 3-PREPARATION FOR ADULTHOOD: Education is more than the pursuit of knowledge. This is why at MSCS we work dilegently to create educational environments which prepare our students to successfully transition into adulthood. Our learning environments are carefully crafted to ensure that our students are prepared to be CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS to society.
- 4- PERSONALIZED LEARNING: Education is most effective when it is personalized. At MSCS our students are more thanenrollment number. Our staff labors to get to know each student on a personal level to ensure that each student is getting the most of our learning environments.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Scott Depot Grades: K-12 | 266 students
6562 Teays Valley Rd
Scott Depot, WV 25560
(304) 757-9550 8.5 K-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.