Founded in 1966, Mountain State Christian School was the first Protestant school in West Virginia! MSCS offers academic excellence from K3 to Grade 12 with a Christian, Bible-based curriculum. MSCS is now accepting applications for student admission!.
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 57 students
- Yearly Tuition: $2,800
- Average class size: 5 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 9%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Please contact MSCS for current rates.
Total Sports Offered
- OurGUIDING PRINCIPLESform the foundation that drives us at Mountain State Christian School. Whether in theboardroom or the classroom, every decision make is filtered through the guiding principles.
- 1-CHRIST CENTERED EDUCATION: MSCS strives to ensure our educational ENVIRONMENTAL are filtered through a CHRIST CENTERED lens. It is our belief that a Christ centered education best prepares students to beResponsblE cOntribUtingmembers of society. A Christ centered education is more than theology. Moral and ethic instruction, character building and personal responsibility are a few of the many areas that a Christ centered education covers.
- 2_PARENTENTAL ENGAGEMENT: Thesuccessof the student is directly connected to the level of parentalEngaGement.MSCS works to build open and clear lines of communication with parents. This partnership in which both the school and the home are reinforcing the same values is one of the advantages of a private school. When this partnership is maximized, it create the maximum educational impact for students.
- 3-PREPARATION FOR ADULTHOOD: Education is more than the pursuit of knowledge. This is why at MSCS we work dilegently to create educational environments which prepare our students to successfully transition into adulthood. Our learning environments are carefully crafted to ensure that our students are prepared to beCONTRIBUTING MEMBERSto society.
- 4- PERSONALIZED LEARNING: Education is most effective when it is personalized. At MSCS our students are more thanenrollment number. Our staff labors to get to know each student on a personal level to ensure that each student is getting the most of our learning environments.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Mountain State Christian School cost?
Mountain State Christian School's tuition is approximately $2,800 for private students.
What sports does Mountain State Christian School offer?
Mountain State Christian School offers 1 interscholastic sports: Basketball.
When is the application deadline for Mountain State Christian School?
The application deadline for Mountain State Christian School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Mountain State Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.