Dakota Christian School
- Dakota Christian School educates children and young people from the perspective of God's Word, the Holy Bible, in all subjects.
- We emphasize God's truth in all areas of life to equip students for service in our world today and tomorrow.
- Bi-weekly assemblies encourage students and staff in their spiritual growth a primary concern of DCS. In 2006 New Holland Christian Grade School, Platte Christian Grade School and Dakota Christian High School combined to form Dakota Christian School.
- Dakota Christian School Mission to enable students to grow in wisdom, to serve Christ as Lord in all areas of their lives, to nurture a distinctive Christian lifestyle.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Holland Grades: PK-8 | 57 students
100 S Church Ave
New Holland, SD 57364
(605)243-2250 10.1 PK-8
- Mitchell Grades: PK-6 | 198 students
1510 W Elm Ave
Mitchell, SD 57301
(605)996-2365 26.4 PK-6
- Mitchell Grades: 4-12 | 43 students
909 Court Merrill
Mitchell, SD 57301
(605)996-2486 26.8 4-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.