Dartmouth Early Learning Center
- The mission of DELC is to support the essential nurturing and guidance that is critical to healthy growth and development of young children by offering a rich home-familiar learning environment where children's curiosity and hunger for learning are nurtured through play and discovery.
- Our programs are designed to help children build positive self-images, develop competence and positive dispositions toward learning and school, and to learn basic skills of social living.
- Our constructivist approach is child centered, hands-on and humanistic and is aimed at the harmonious development of the whole child in all areas.
- It is meant to reflect a variety of developmental levels among children taking into account their many individual characteristics and special qualities.
- Our emphasis is on helping children discover and work towards their own style of learning, construct meanings, and use freedom in a carefully prepared environment.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.