Tel: (508) 999-1356
- Friends Academy, established in 1810, is a coeducational day school, located on a beautiful 65-acre campus in North Dartmouth, MA and serves children from early childhood through grade 8.
- The rigorous academic curriculum is enriched by offerings in world languages, technology, art, music, drama, library, and physical education.
- Highlights of our program include Spanish beginning in grade 1, Latin in grade 6, personal laptop computers issued to each student in the Middle School, fall and spring music theater, and competitive sports year-round.
- Our Outdoor Education program offers a state-of-the-art high and low ropes course along campus trails and canoeing on the Paskamansett River which runs through the campus.
- The Sally Borden Program at Friends Academy offers a unique educational opportunity for children with language-based learning differences such as difficulty acquiring reading, spelling, written expression, math, organizational and/or study skills due to dyslexia and/or a specific learning difference.
- Our diverse student body comes from various Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities and graduates enter leading preparatory schools.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based learning differences/Dyscalculia/Dysgraphia, APD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||See current school year summer program rates on school's web site at www.friendsacademy1810.org.|
|Total Students||256 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Professional, safe and respectful)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See current school year tuition rates on school's web site at www.friendsacademy1810.org.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Katherine Gaudet|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Chorus and Musical Theatre
Recreational Athletic Programs:
After-School Enrichment courses may include dance classes, mountain biking, yoga
- Learning at Friends Academy is a shared experience, whether it`s preschoolers developing a class project to fight hunger or seventh graders engaged in a mock summit on global climate change. We empower our students to create their own goals and compile a portfolio to show their progress. They think critically about how to improve academically and succeed when they encounter challenges. Our teachers understand the strengths of each student, and dedicate themselves to developing cross-curricular projects, planning field trips, and implementing innovative strategies that excite young minds.Because we believe that childhood isn`t for being taught. It`s for asking and discovering.
- The mission of Friends Academy is to provide each student with an educationalfoundation that will instill the academic knowledge, skills, and understandingresponsible citizenship respect for diversity and differences and sense of wellbeingneeded for a lifetime of learning and personal growth.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fall River Grades: PK-8 | 72 students
618 Rock Street
Fall River, MA 02720
(508) 673-6767 10.5 PK-8
- Fall River Grades: PK-8 | 218 students
850 Pearce St
Fall River, MA 02720
(508) 674-9131 10.2 PK-8
- New Bedford Grades: PK-8 | 279 students
91 Summer St
New Bedford, MA 02740
(508) 993-3547 2.8 PK-8
- New Bedford Grades: PK-8 | 184 students
180 Orchard St
New Bedford, MA 02740
(508) 996-0534 2.7 PK-8
- South Dartmouth Grades: PK-3 | 47 students
284 Gulf Rd
South Dartmouth, MA 02748
(508) 992-1301 2.9 PK-3
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.