Nazarene Christian Academy
- The Purpose Of Nazarene Christian Academy Is To Provide A Pre-kindergarten, Kindergarten, Grade School, And Junior High School For God-centered Education.Resulting In The Mastery Of Basic Skills In Reading, Language, Math, The Arts And Sciences, History And The Basics Of Evangelical Christianity.
- In Addition, Building Skills In Phonics, Penmanship, Spelling, Poetry, Health, Along With Safety And Manners Which All Contribute To Building Strong, Confident Students.
- Nazarene Christian Academy Is An Accredited Private School, Approved By The New Bedford School Department.
- Nazarene Christian Academy Was First Established In 1985, Founded By Rev.C.Leonard Newbert.
- When The School Was First Started, It Was Actually A Pre-school That Included Children From The Age Of 9 Months Through 4 Years Of Age.
- As Time Went By, The School Expanded To Include A Pre-k, Kindergarten Through Grade 8.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||197 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,990|
|Tuition Notes||$4050.00 for Grade School. $4150.00 for Secondary ED.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$750|
|Admissions Director||Susan Helm|
|Admissions Associate||Isabel Costa|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Recreational Athletic Programs:|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Bedford Grades: PK-8 | 184 students
115 Illinois Street
New Bedford, MA 02745
(508)995-3696 1.9 PK-8
- New Bedford Grades: PK-8 | 216 students
180 Orchard St
New Bedford, MA 02740
(508)996-0534 2.4 PK-8
- New Bedford Grades: NS-8 | 301 students
91 Summer St
New Bedford, MA 02740
(508)993-3547 1.9 NS-8
- Fairhaven Grades: PK-8 | 204 students
100 Spring St
Fairhaven, MA 02719
(508)996-1983 3.6 PK-8
- Fall River Grades: PK-11 | 51 students
397 Bay St
Fall River, MA 02724
(508)730-1735 11.3 PK-11
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.