Desert Adventist Academy
- Desert Adventist Academy was established in 1953 and is part of the worldwide Seventh-day Adventist education system, which has over 6,700 schools worldwide including Loma Linda University.
- Adventist education currently touches the lives of over 1.2 million students.
- Adventist education is much more than the academic excellence for which it is renowned.
- It also fosters a faith in God, respect for others, independent thinking and moral integrity.
- It is education based on the development of the whole person physical, intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual.
- Desert Adventist Academy is a safe place for young people K-8 to discover, grow and soar on their journey to making this world a better place.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||103 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- COACHELLA Grades: K-9 | 73 students
50930 CALHOUN STR
COACHELLA, CA 92236
(760)398-1614 15.8 K-9
- Los Angeles Grades: K-12 | 228 students
846 E El Segundo Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90059
(323)743-8818 108.6 K-12
- Palm Springs Grades: PK-8 | 276 students
67675 Bolero Road
Palm Springs, CA 92264
(760)324-5464 6.5 PK-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.