- Discovery Montessori Elementary School is a private school offering a Montessori education to those enrolled.
- We aim to provide each child with an individual developmentally appropriate educational program within the framework of a full Montessori curriculum and philosophy.
- This includes the use of manipulative materials on the floor and at the table.
- We work towards, and therefore the child has to be capable of , achieving independence with an inner self-discipline, self-motivation, love of learning, care of self, others, and the environment.
- Discovery Montessori Elementary School admits students of any race, color, nationality, and ethnic origin.
- Provisions are made at the school to accommodate children with special needs who are able to function in and benefit from our program.
- Montessori Education is based on the principle that every child carries within the potential of the adult he/she is to become.
- Dr. Montessori believed that no human being is educated by another person.
- The aim is to assist the child to educate himself.
- The aim is also to develop within the child a love of learning and a thirst for knowledge that will remain long after the regular school day or school years are over.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Total Students||7 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Collins Grades: PK-6 | 77 students
309 Hickory Street Unit A
Fort Collins, CO 80524
(970)407-9185 7 PK-6
- Fort Collins Grades: PK-12 | 263 students
2506 Zurich Dr
Fort Collins, CO 80524
(970)494-1022 6.5 PK-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.