Tel: (970) 223-2445
- Discovery Montessori Elementary School is a private school offering a Montessori education to those enrolled.
- We aim to provide each child with an individual developmentally appropriate educational program within the framework of a full Montessori curriculum and philosophy.
- This includes the use of manipulative materials on the floor and at the table.
- We work towards, and therefore the child has to be capable of , achieving independence with an inner self-discipline, self-motivation, love of learning, care of self, others, and the environment.
- Discovery Montessori Elementary School admits students of any race, color, nationality, and ethnic origin.
- Provisions are made at the school to accommodate children with special needs who are able to function in and benefit from our program.
- Montessori Education is based on the principle that every child carries within the potential of the adult he/she is to become.
- Dr. Montessori believed that no human being is educated by another person.
- The aim is to assist the child to educate himself.
- The aim is also to develop within the child a love of learning and a thirst for knowledge that will remain long after the regular school day or school years are over.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Collins Grades: PK-6 | 77 students
309 Hickory Street Unit A
Fort Collins, CO 80524
(970) 407-9185 7 PK-6
- Fort Collins Grades: PK-12 | 230 students
2506 Zurich Dr
Fort Collins, CO 80524
(970) 494-1022 6.5 PK-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.