Tel: (618) 632-3670
- Discovery School's mission is to provide a high quality, caring, learning environment for young children and their families. Discovery School is a child development center, in its truest sense.
- We have concern for the whole spectrum of development, including social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth. Emphasis is placed on acceptance of the child as a special, unique individual with a particular learning style and set of abilities. Our goal is to meet each child's needs by providing stimulating and challenging activities, accompanied by teacher encouragement and support needed for the child's success.
- The learning environment stresses hands on experiences and freedom to select activities.
- We recognize that children need direct teaching for part of each day this is done in small groups and individually.
- During these times, teachers prepare lessons around themes or projects to develop concepts, skills, language expansion and critical and creative thinking.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||120 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Heather Mayheu|
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.