- Drew knows and believes in teenagers. We engage each student in a process of intellectual discovery to develop an individual voice, the confidence to express it, and the empathy to understand its impact.
- The Drew community is one that challenges the traditional definition of success and celebrates achievement one student at a time.
- The result is that our students develop into fascinating individuals who are sought after by colleges and who know themselves well when they step out into the world.
- As you engage in Drew's demanding academic program alongside 294 other students from across the Bay Area, you'll experience firsthand the Drew Dynamic: five core beliefs that shape day-to-day life at Drew and set the stage for your exploration of academics, the arts, athletics, languages, technology, social equity and inclusion-wherever your passions may lie.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||280 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 9 / Jan. 31|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$49,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$18,000|
|Admissions Director||Joanna Lovett|
|Admissions Associate||Andrea Richerson|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBadminton, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Golf, Indoor Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Teenagers need a second home. In these busy times more than ever, students need a safe haven away from home. Happily, many Drew students see Drew as their second home. Our warm, inviting community and state of the art campus has become a place where students arrive early, stay late, and find their community.
- Society defines success too narrowly. High school is precisely the time for you to discover who you are and who you might become among a community of students and adults who enthusiastically embrace each individual.
- High school should not be a race to college. The high school years can and should be among the best years of your life. Drew students experience their education in a hands-on manner in their classes, relationships, and activities. Our college preparatory program is designed to open students` minds to possibilities, emphasizing discovery throughout the journey.
- Relationships matter. The value of belonging and of meaningful relationships leads to empowerment, confidence to take risks, enriched learning, and increased accountability. Drew is an intentionally small high school where students are afforded close relationships with their teachers and peers. It is the reliability and depth of these relationships that push Drew students to greatness.
- All learners are diverse learners. No two students learn in the same way. Drew is a leader in understanding those differences and designing a college preparatory curriculum that is as rich in content as it is diverse in its implementation. Every student at Drew benefits from our deep understanding of the teenage brain.
To view application requirements, steps, and to register for student visits please visit www.ravenna-hub.com or call us!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 490 students
755 Ocean Ave
San Francisco, CA 94112
(415)585-1725 4.5 9-12
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 420 students
1563 Page St
San Francisco, CA 94117
(415)626-2919 1.2 9-12
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 1297 students
1055 Ellis St
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415)775-6626 1.1 9-12
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 374 students
35 Keyes Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94129
(415)561-5800 1.1 9-12
Greetings from Tanyiyi's parent! Tan Yiyi, female,who was born in 2003. She is currently in grade 8 and would like to apply for grade 9 this Fall,2014. She had taken SLEP test and scored 42. We are wondering if you still have any available place for 9th grade, 2014 Fall. Do you recommend her to apply? If you need any further information regarding to the boy, please contact me freely. Yours sincerely, Tan
- Posted by Parent - tanyi