Durango Early Learning Center
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-3
- Enrollment: 71 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Durango Early Learning Center offers toddler and preschool early childhood development for 70 children in La Plata County. Our value base derives from a strong respect for childhood and the recognition that children are natural explorers and experimenters, capable of constructing learning and knowledge. We offer an environment, both within the school and larger community, that affords endless possibilities for creativity, imagination, representation and problem solving. Our focus is to develop a strong sense of worth in every child that comes through the doors by promoting a belief in themselves as capable learners with valuable opinions and ideas. "Durango Early Learning Center staff are to be commended for the completion of their first Quality Rating." The education philosophy at Durango Early Learning Center evolves from the social construction theories of Jean Piaget, Lev Vygotsky, Jerome Bruner, Howard Gardner, Loris Malaguzzi and Carlina Rinaldi. We have adapted the application of Piagetian ideas into the High/Scope Curriculum, which focuses on children learning how to think and solve problems through their active involvement in personally relevant experiences.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Durango Early Learning Center?
The application deadline for Durango Early Learning Center is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Durango Early Learning Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards