Durango Early Learning Center
- Durango Early Learning Center offers toddler and preschool early childhood development for 70 children in La Plata County.
- Our value base derives from a strong respect for childhood and the recognition that children are natural explorers and experimenters, capable of constructing learning and knowledge.
- We offer an environment, both within the school and larger community, that affords endless possibilities for creativity, imagination, representation and problem solving.
- Our focus is to develop a strong sense of worth in every child that comes through the doors by promoting a belief in themselves as capable learners with valuable opinions and ideas.
- "Durango Early Learning Center staff are to be commended for the completion of their first Quality Rating." The education philosophy at Durango Early Learning Center evolves from the social construction theories of Jean Piaget, Lev Vygotsky, Jerome Bruner, Howard Gardner, Loris Malaguzzi and Carlina Rinaldi.
- We have adapted the application of Piagetian ideas into the High/Scope Curriculum, which focuses on children “learning how to think and solve problems through their active involvement in personally relevant experiences.”.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Durango Grades: Inquire with school | 26 students
215 E 12th St
Durango, CO 81301 0.3 Inquire with school
- Durango Grades: PK-8 | 258 students
1801 E 3rd Ave
Durango, CO 81301
(970)547-5527 0.7 PK-8
- Durango Grades: 9-12 | 22 students
1159 E. 3rd Ave.
Durango, CO 81301
(970)385-7544 1.7 9-12
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.