Children's House Of Durango
- Children's House of Durango provides an enriched learning environment for children based on Maria Montessori's philosophy and method.
- Due to the nature of our "house" each subject is separated and taught in individual rooms with a teacher that is trained within her subject area.
- The teacher in the classroom remains constant and the students rotate throughout the week on a set schedule.
- During the course of a day a child will be exposed to 2 morning classes and an afternoon class of their choice.
- Our program includes the five Montessori subjects, Practical Life, Sensorial, Math, Language, and Cultural.
- In addition, we incorporate Spanish as a foreign language, art, and music appreciation.
- Children’s House of Durango’s mission is to create an environment for children, in which they are encouraged to explore, create, learn, socialize, and develop concentration, coordination, and independence.
- Our school is committed to developing within each child a sense of responsibility and interdependence with their community and the world.
- Our philosophy encourages children to appreciate and respect nature and the environment.
- We believe in the development of responsible and caring people who can direct their own lives and contribute to making the world a better place for future generations.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Durango Grades: PK-8 | 251 students
1801 E 3rd Ave
Durango, CO 81301
(970) 247-5527 0.3 PK-8
My daughter attended Children's House for preschool and kindergarten, and she loved it. Now my nephew is attending Children's House, and he is having an equally wonderful experience. Children learn independence and the foundation for elementary school in a loving, safe environment.
- Posted by Parent - herri
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?