St Columba School
- At St. Columba, a Catholic, independent school for children in grades pre k - 8, each student is a valued and integral part of a joyful and inspiring campus: an enclave where he can find pitch-perfect harmony in serving others while walking, with utter confidence, alongside the beam of light God intends for him to discover, explore, and, ultimately, pursue.
- An ever-inclusive community in the spirit of Saint Francis, we welcome and respect students of all faiths, races, nationalities, and circumstances.
St Columba School places among the top 20% of private schools in Colorado for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,320|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts for multiple children.|
|Admissions Director||Kevin Chick|
|Admissions Associate||Heidi Martinez|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cycling, Golf, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cycling,|
Golf, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Giggles for Middle School Girls, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Ensemble, Theater Arts, Theater Production, Vocal Ensembles
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Mountain Biking Club
- At St. Columba Catholic School we provide an educational program designed to encourage every child to work effectively, to communicate articulately, to approach life with a sense of purpose and competence, all while developing a strong and supporting faith life.Grounded in the Catholic faith, we are a close-knit community enriched by a diverse group of students, teachers, and parents working together to nurture students' minds and hearts.
- Our curriculum enables children to study the classic and the contemporary as they develop academic, artistic, and athletic skills and talents under the guidance of experienced teachers who take the time to know each child well.Our goal is for our graduates to be successful students in secondary schools and responsible, thoughtful citizens of the world. We believe that in the process of preparing and guiding young people toward intellectual growth and moral and spiritual awareness, the beginning is everything.
- As St. Columba students move through the K-8 program, they learn to read actively, to write clearly and persuasively, to listen thoughtfully, to think critically and compassionately, and to act responsibly in a changing world. Students and teachers learn with and from one another, growing from a willingness to venture beyond what they comfortably know. One of the greatest aspects of Catholic education is that Catholic schools operate on the premise that the parents are the primary educators of their students. As such, parents expect and receive valuable and consistent communication regarding their child's total development. In turn, the school anticipates that families will be committed participants in the education of their children and to the success of the school. Your children thrive when there is a close relationship between families and school. Strong families build strong schools. At St. Columba School, it is our privilege and honor to participate in raising your children into whom you want them to be, within the context our our culture. Students succeed in our school culture of love, service, compassion and forgiveness."When Catholic schools teach children the truth of themselves, of God, and of the human condition, it will not only make them wise but set them free." Pope John Paul II
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.