East Shore Montessori School
- Children learn because of natural curiosity. East Shore Montessori School offers not only a warm and loving daycare program, but also the opportunity for children to cultivate their desire to learn.
- By providing hands-on age appropriate materials in a relaxed, but stimulating environment, Dr. Maria Montessori was a strong believer in the integrity and the innate intelligence of every child.
- Through intensive observation of young children, she developed a method of hands-on education.
- As children work with the material created by Dr. Montessori, they develop into independent, self-motivated learners with a love of learning.
- Dr. Montessori identified the young child's unique aptitude for learner as the "absorbent mind." She compared the young mind to a sponge which literally absorbs information from the surrounding environment.
- Acquiring information in this way is a natural and delightful activity for the young child who can learn to read, write, and calculate in the same natural way that they learn to walk and talk.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||43 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?