East Shore Montessori School
Tel: (717) 545-7748
- Children learn because of natural curiosity. East Shore Montessori School offers not only a warm and loving daycare program, but also the opportunity for children to cultivate their desire to learn.
- By providing hands-on age appropriate materials in a relaxed, but stimulating environment, Dr. Maria Montessori was a strong believer in the integrity and the innate intelligence of every child.
- Through intensive observation of young children, she developed a method of hands-on education.
- As children work with the material created by Dr. Montessori, they develop into independent, self-motivated learners with a love of learning.
- Dr. Montessori identified the young child's unique aptitude for learner as the "absorbent mind." She compared the young mind to a sponge which literally absorbs information from the surrounding environment.
- Acquiring information in this way is a natural and delightful activity for the young child who can learn to read, write, and calculate in the same natural way that they learn to walk and talk.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||34 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.