East Shore Montessori School
- Children learn because of natural curiosity. East Shore Montessori School offers not only a warm and loving daycare program, but also the opportunity for children to cultivate their desire to learn.
- By providing hands-on age appropriate materials in a relaxed, but stimulating environment, Dr. Maria Montessori was a strong believer in the integrity and the innate intelligence of every child.
- Through intensive observation of young children, she developed a method of hands-on education.
- As children work with the material created by Dr. Montessori, they develop into independent, self-motivated learners with a love of learning.
- Dr. Montessori identified the young child's unique aptitude for learner as the "absorbent mind." She compared the young mind to a sponge which literally absorbs information from the surrounding environment.
- Acquiring information in this way is a natural and delightful activity for the young child who can learn to read, write, and calculate in the same natural way that they learn to walk and talk.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||43 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.