Erie Day School
Erie Day School is a co-educational, independent school for children, Toddlers through Grade 8, founded in 1929, and governed by a Board of Trustees.
Accredited by the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and the Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS), Erie Day School's approach to education is founded on a simple but all-important belief - children naturally like to learn.
We call on our students to recognize their potential as individuals, yet expect them to acknowledge their membership in a community.
Teachers use opportunities to teach tolerance, integrity, and social responsibility.
At Erie Day School we believe respect, manners, and participation are integral parts of education.
All academic programs planned, supervised, and guided by the school enable students to develop in an atmosphere which is both supportive and nurturing.
Our goal is to stretch and challenge our students academically while having the flexibility to address individual needs. Erie Day School students are learning today, leading tomorrow.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Various camps and care are available throughout the summer months. Please visit our website for details.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||215 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Please see our website for guidelines.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition differs from grade to grade. Scholarships, sibling discounts and financial assistance is available for those that qualify.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kim Connelly|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Snowboarding, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Indoor Soccer, Snowboarding,
- About Erie Day School: Enjoys being the only independent school for children, Toddler through Grade 8 innorthwest Pennsylvania; participates as a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), the Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS) and as an International Baccalaureate candidate school among learners Preschool through Grade 4; embraces parents as partners in the educational process and provides excellent service to families including personalized educational programming for children; provides high-quality faculty, curricula, facilities and programs; implements guiding objectives to challenge its students and provide a strong foundation for a lifetime of learning, growth, responsibility and leadership. Statistics: Included in our student body are children from many races, religions and socioeconomic backgrounds; graduating 100% of students that have their choice of local college preparatory and public high schools as well as national boarding schools. Curriculum: Accommodates a variety of interests and academic abilities from early childhood through Grade 8; Encourages research, problem solving and independent thinking through various resources including an on-campus library and technology; provides opportunities for students to learn from and support each other. Our Students: Grow in their self-discipline, confidence and knowledge through involvement in academics, athletics, visual and performing arts and extracurricular activities; enjoy a safe environment supportive of learning and individual growth; strengthen their independence and curiosity; explore creativity and self-expression in the arts; discover their strengths and abilities; benefit from opportunities for interscholastic and intramural sports: cross country, tennis, basketball, soccer and skiing; take part in experiential learning experiences, events and service in the community, regionally, nationally and internationally Our Teachers: Challenge students academically; motivate students to high levels of achievement; nurture active student participation in the learning experience to increase motivation and spark curiosity; enjoy small class sizes which provide opportunity for personalized and differentiated instruction; set goals that are demanding but attainable; promote tolerance, integrity and social responsibility; emphasize involvement in the school community; work in partnership with parents, students and colleagues. International Baccalaureate (IB) Candidate School Erie Day School`s Preschool, PreK, Kindergarten and Lower School (Grades 1 through 4) are International Baccalaureate (IB) candidates. Students participating in the Primary Years Program will develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world. The curriculum represents the best from many different countries rather than the exported national system of any one. The IB curriculum will be maintained with our high standards by on-going training for our educators. We believe that students must first develop an understanding of their own cultural and national identity. All IB students are exposed to a second language and the skills to live and work with others internationally which is essential for life in the 21st century. We encourage a positive attitude learning by encouraging students to ask challenging questions, reflect critically, develop research skills, and learn how to learn. We encourage community service because there is more to learning than academic studies alone. IB World Schools cooperate in curriculum development, student assessment, and the governance of the IB, making this a unique international collaboration.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Erie Grades: 1-12 | 50 students
5800 Old Zuck Rd
Erie, PA 16506
(814) 833-7933 3.9 1-12
- Erie Grades: K-12 | 236 students
8150 Oliver Rd
Erie, PA 16509
(814) 866-6979 5.4 K-12
- Erie Grades: K-8 | 144 students
220 West 11th Street
Erie, PA 16501
(814) 454-0106 1.8 K-8
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.