Erie Day School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Enrollment: 215 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Erie Day School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
Academics and Faculty
Please see our website for guidelines.
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- About Erie Day School: Enjoys being the only independent school for children, Toddler through Grade 8 innorthwest Pennsylvania; participates as a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), the Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS) and as an International Baccalaureate candidate school among learners Preschool through Grade 4; embraces parents as partners in the educational process and provides excellent service to families including personalized educational programming for children; provides high-quality faculty, curricula, facilities and programs; implements guiding objectives to challenge its students and provide a strong foundation for a lifetime of learning, growth, responsibility and leadership. Statistics: Included in our student body are children from many races, religions and socioeconomic backgrounds; graduating 100% of students that have their choice of local college preparatory and public high schools as well as national boarding schools. Curriculum: Accommodates a variety of interests and academic abilities from early childhood through Grade 8; Encourages research, problem solving and independent thinking through various resources including an on-campus library and technology; provides opportunities for students to learn from and support each other. Our Students: Grow in their self-discipline, confidence and knowledge through involvement in academics, athletics, visual and performing arts and extracurricular activities; enjoy a safe environment supportive of learning and individual growth; strengthen their independence and curiosity; explore creativity and self-expression in the arts; discover their strengths and abilities; benefit from opportunities for interscholastic and intramural sports: cross country, tennis, basketball, soccer and skiing; take part in experiential learning experiences, events and service in the community, regionally, nationally and internationally Our Teachers: Challenge students academically; motivate students to high levels of achievement; nurture active student participation in the learning experience to increase motivation and spark curiosity; enjoy small class sizes which provide opportunity for personalized and differentiated instruction; set goals that are demanding but attainable; promote tolerance, integrity and social responsibility; emphasize involvement in the school community; work in partnership with parents, students and colleagues. International Baccalaureate (IB) Candidate School Erie Day School`s Preschool, PreK, Kindergarten and Lower School (Grades 1 through 4) are International Baccalaureate (IB) candidates. Students participating in the Primary Years Program will develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world. The curriculum represents the best from many different countries rather than the exported national system of any one. The IB curriculum will be maintained with our high standards by on-going training for our educators. We believe that students must first develop an understanding of their own cultural and national identity. All IB students are exposed to a second language and the skills to live and work with others internationally which is essential for life in the 21st century. We encourage a positive attitude learning by encouraging students to ask challenging questions, reflect critically, develop research skills, and learn how to learn. We encourage community service because there is more to learning than academic studies alone. IB World Schools cooperate in curriculum development, student assessment, and the governance of the IB, making this a unique international collaboration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Erie Day School offer a summer program?
Yes, Erie Day School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Erie Day School offer?
Erie Day School offers 9 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Snowboarding, Soccer, Tennis and Volleyball.
What is Erie Day School's ranking?
Erie Day School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for: Largest student body and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Erie Day School?
The application deadline for Erie Day School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Erie Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards