First Baptist School
Tel: (979) 567-3771
- First Baptist School has been a vital part of the ministries of First Baptist Church since 1981.
- It began as a Pre-Kindergarten program and has grown to include Wee Threes through Eighth Grade.
- FBS offers a full range of academic instruction based upon Christian principles.
- Daily chapel services, Bible instruction, and caring, committed staff are hallmarks of First Baptist School.
- Wee Threes and PreKindergarten are half-day programs on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Kindergarten students attend until noon Monday through Friday. Kindergarten through Eighth grade are instructed by certified teachers.
- Small classes afford ample opportunity for one on one interaction with teachers and staff.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$264|
|Tuition Notes||$264 Kinder thru 5th $311 Junior High per month Aug thru May|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tabbatha Pipes|
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to First Baptist School is Brazos Christian School (18.5 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bryan Grades: PK-12 | 443 students
3000 W Villa Maria Road
Bryan, TX 77807
(979) 823-1000 18.5 PK-12
- Rockdale Grades: 3-6 | 2 students
535 E Bell Avenue
Rockdale, TX 76567
(512) 446-5508 19.8 3-6
- Bryan Grades: PK-12 | 85 students
2500 S College Ave
Bryan, TX 77801
(979) 822-2715 21.7 PK-12
- Bryan Grades: NS-PK
110 Royal St
Bryan, TX 77801
(979) 846-4503 22 NS-PK
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.