First Baptist School
- First Baptist School was established in 1970 as a ministry of First Baptist Church.
- The vision of our school is to meet each student's physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual needs.
- First Baptist School, a model of Christian and academic excellence, will provide a challenging creative curriculum based on Biblical truths. Christian education goes beyond physical, intellectual and emotional development to encourage spiritual growth of students and families that leads to a lifetime walk with Christ.
- First Baptist School is a ministry and cooperating part of First Baptist Church. "Distinctly Christian, Academically Excellent".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Green polo shirts with logo and khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,100|
|Tuition Notes||Above rate is 1st-5th grades. Kinder is $4900. PS/PK rates vary depending on number of days/wk.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Folklorico, Karate Kids
Arts and Music Programs:
Honor Choir, Recorders, Spanish
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Approved by TEA and accredited under ACTABS (Accred. Commission of TX Assoc.of Bapt. Schools), FBS also belongs to the TX Priv. Schools Association(TPSA). Our 4th/5th graders are eligible for induction in the First Baptist Eagles' Chapter of National Elementary Honor Society(NEHS). Students experience Weekly Chapel and daily Bible Classes. The STEM Lab offers hands-on learning. The Accelerated Reader program promotes reading comprehension and vocabulary. Interactive technology enhances learning in each classroom and the Computer Lab. PE and recess are daily activities. Before and aftercare is avalable. A hot lunch may be purchased, or students may bring their own. Classes are available for ages 2 and up, through 5th grade.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Corpus ChristiGrades: PK-12 | 186 students
5025a Yorktown Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78413
- Corpus ChristiGrades: PK-5 | 266 students
450 Chamberlain St
Corpus Christi, TX 78404