First Baptist School
First Baptist School was established in 1970 as a ministry of First Baptist Church.
The vision of our school is to meet each student's physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual needs.
First Baptist School, a model of Christian and academic excellence, will provide a challenging creative curriculum based on Biblical truths. Christian education goes beyond physical, intellectual and emotional development to encourage spiritual growth of students and families that leads to a lifetime walk with Christ.
First Baptist School is a ministry and cooperating part of First Baptist Church. "Distinctly Christian, Academically Excellent".
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Students: 189 students
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
PS/PK rates vary depending on number of days/wk.
Summer Program Cost Notes
Depends on full time/part time
National avg.: 85%
- Elementary students must provide a report card from a previous school, testing information, health records, and a birth certificate, Incoming students are interviewed and tested before admittance. Registration packets and Student Handbooks are available at fbscorpus.org
Endorse First Baptist School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
December 16, 2021Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
December 15, 2021Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.