First Lutheran School
Tel: (413) 532-4272
- First Lutheran School promotes excellence in contemporary education with a caring Christian faculty and staff committed to providing challenging academic instruction in a joyful Christian setting to the whole community.
- First Lutheran Church has been serving Holyoke and Western Massachusetts since 1867, providing over 130 years of dedicated and committed work for the Lord.
- School offer a full-day four-year-old academic program. Our teaching includes the social, physical, spiritual, intellectual, and emotional learning processes.
- Our “Letter People” is an engaging way to teach letter recognition and phonemic awareness.
- First Lutheran Church and School has established a Christian Day School to offer a complete Christian education to its children and the children of the community.
- It first opened in 1981. The school offers a challenging curriculum of core subjects and electives.
- We offer a nurturing, safe environment in which children grow academically and spiritually.
- FLS has a faculty of qualified, dedicated individuals who meet state certification guidelines.
- All hold Bachelor of Arts degrees; several have a Masters Degree.
- The children from pre-school through 5th grade are in a self-contained classroom.
- The Pre-school teacher has an aide. Grades 6,7,and 8 are departmentalized.
- The purpose of this organization will be to help parents and teachers in their mutual concern for greater effectiveness in Christian child training.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||114 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Holyoke Grades: PK-8 | 212 students
21 Westfield Rd
Holyoke, MA 01040
(413) 536-2236 0.4 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.