Four Winds School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (413) 863-8055
Four Winds School Photo #2 - Sporting our new shirts on our field trip to the Tsongas Industrial History Center at UMass Lowell
- The strengths of the one-room schoolhouse meet the challenges of the 21st century.
- Four Winds in Gill starting school year with hybrid model - 11/04/2020 - Four Winds School in Gill will follow a hybrid learning model at least until the end of October, with students at school two days each week.
- Greenfield Recorder: Four Winds students raise money for Mashpee Wampanoag tribe - 11/04/2020 - Vincent Craig, Effie Paxton and Juna Gradick participate in a walkathon at the Four Winds School in Gill to raise money for the Mashpee Wampanoag tribe on Columbus Day. Staff ...morePhoto/PAUL FRANZ hide
- Mashpee Enterprise Article: Central Massachusetts School Holds Fundraiser For Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe - 11/04/2020 - About 25 people were involved with the walk-a-thon fundraiser the Four Winds School held to raise money for the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||"Twice exceptional," high functioning autism, executive function disorders|
|Total Students||11 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,600|
|Tuition Notes||Four Winds School is committed to offering financial aid to students who need it.|
- At Four Winds School, students learn at their own level and pace by doing self assigned work. Learn more about our innovative program at www.fourwindsschool.info. Four Winds School is a one-room schoolhouse in Gill, MA welcoming students of any race, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity, or religion.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gill Grades: 9-12 | 650 students
One Lamplighter Way
Gill, MA 01354
(413) 498-3227 2.3 9-12
- Bernardston Grades: K-6 | 17 students
21 Parmenter Rd
Bernardston, MA 01337
(413) 648-9468 2.8 K-6
- Greenfield Grades: 5-8 | 11 students
99 Thayer Road
Greenfield, MA 01301
(413) 773-1614 7.3 5-8
Four Winds allow students to thrive in a way larger academic programs could only dream of. The "bi-weekly goals" model allows students to work at their own pace while gaining skills in time management that most students don't gain until college. This model also allows gifted students to accelerate as fast as they'd like, while simultaneously supporting students who struggle academically by moving at a pace that doesn't overwhelm them and lets them feel accomplished, whereas other pedagogical models can hinder their confidence. This is a school that feels academically enriching and emotionally safe for all students.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Sage K.
This school is the best! It is small enough that you constantly get one on one time with the teacher, you go at your own pace for most of your work, everyone is really supportive, and there is no bullying. It is like one big family, mainly because it is such a tight nit community.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Tevah
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?