Stoneleigh Burnham School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Stoneleigh Burnham School Photo #2 - An SBS student plays her violin during an on campus performing arts presentation.
Stoneleigh Burnham School Photo #3 - The SBS middle school works on a science project outside on campus in the spring.
Stoneleigh Burnham School Photo #4 - Stoneleigh-Burnham students and faculty take part in service during the annual Spearth Day.
Stoneleigh Burnham School Photo #5 - The Stoneleigh-Burnham School Debate and Public Speaking Society encourages students to articulate ideas with force and clarity. Members participate in public speaking tournaments, planned cross-examination debates, extemporaneous debates, Lincoln-Douglas debates and parliamentary debates. The Stoneleigh-Burnham School Debate Society is a member of DANEIS (Debate Association of New England Independent Schools).
- Stoneleigh-Burnham School is a college preparatory boarding/day school for girls in grades 7-12 and PG that offers a challenging academic program in which girls share their voice and intellect. Stoneleigh-Burnham School has an extensive college preparatory curriculum that includes the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program and Honors courses.
- Students participate in nationally recognized programs in riding, athletics, visual/performing arts, public speaking and debate and are encouraged to develop their voice and their passion for learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||140 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Action, International Baccalaureate Art (HL & SL), International Baccalaureate Biology (HL), International Baccalaureate Chemistry (SL), International Baccalaureate Creativity, International Baccalaureate Dance (SL), International Baccalaureate English (HL & SL), International Baccalaureate French (HL & SL), International Baccalaureate Mathematics (HL & SL), International Baccalaureate Music (HL & SL), International Baccalaureate Spanish (HL & SL), International Baccalaureate Theory of Knowledge, Service (CAS)|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$30,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kristen Mariotti|
|Admissions Associate||Sharon Weyers|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Blue Key Tourguides, Business Club, Community Service Club, Debate and Public Speaking, Drama Club, Gender and Sexuality Alliance, Green Team, International Students Association, Literary Society, Math Club, Media Club, Peer Tutors, Photography Club, Resident Assistants, Riding Club, Student Alumnae Association, Student Council, Students of Color (SOC), Yearbook
- Stoneleigh-Burnham School is an academic community that inspires girls to live meaningful lives based on honor, respect, and intellectual curiosity. Each student is challenged to discover her best self and graduate with the confidence to think independently and act ethically, secure in the knowledge that her voice will be heard. Stoneleigh-Burnham School offers the promise of an exceptional educational and personal experience that can shape and change girls' lives in lasting ways. In our admissions process, we strive to see each girl realistically, as a combination of individual capabilities, opportunities and needs, and the Admissions Committee carefully evaluates each applicant's individual strengths and talents to determine the appropriateness of the school / student match. Stoneleigh-Burnham School seeks students who want to learn and who value education as a lifelong process of exploration and growth.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Deerfield Grades: 9-12 | 648 students
7 Boyden Lane
Deerfield, MA 01342
(413)774-1400 4.9 9-12
- Boston Grades: 5-12 | 471 students
103 Pilgrim Road
Boston, MA 02215
(617)735-9503 77.4 5-12
- Gill Grades: 9-12 | 650 students
One Lamplighter Way
Gill, MA 01354
(413)498-3227 6.3 9-12
- Milton Grades: 9-12 | 258 students
930 Brook Road
Milton, MA 02186
(617)615-3014 81.4 9-12
I absolutely loved my time at Stoneleigh; the caring, nurturing environment combined with rigorous coursework and challenging extracurriculars prepared me for college, graduate school, career, and maintaining a self-care personal life of riding and sports!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Mary
Great academics with very small class sizes and lots of teacher support and interaction. IB curriculum is very intense, but extra attention means that most girls excel. Caring, inclusive community.
- Posted by Parent - Girl'sMom
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.