Stoneleigh Burnham School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Stoneleigh Burnham School Photo #2 - The SBS middle school works on a science project outside on campus in the spring.
Stoneleigh Burnham School Photo #3 - Stoneleigh-Burnham students and faculty take part in service during the annual Spearth Day.
Stoneleigh Burnham School Photo #4 - The Stoneleigh-Burnham School Debate and Public Speaking Society encourages students to articulate ideas with force and clarity. Members participate in public speaking tournaments, planned cross-examination debates, extemporaneous debates, Lincoln-Douglas debates and parliamentary debates. The Stoneleigh-Burnham School Debate Society is a member of DANEIS (Debate Association of New England Independent Schools).
Stoneleigh Burnham School Photo #5 - Girls from all over the country and all over the world participate in the Stoneleigh-Burnham Riding Program. Whether first time riders, or national competitors there is a place for everyone. Students may ride one of the 30 horses stabled on campus, or bring one of their own to fill one of the 60 stalls. Riders participate in many of the monthly on-campus competitions as well as a number of rated and schooling shows in the northeast and as far away as the Ocala, Florida Hits Series. Three riding instructors offer instruction in Dressage, Eventing, Hunt-Seat Equitation, Hunters and Jumpers.
- Stoneleigh-Burnham School is a college preparatory boarding/day school for girls in grades 7 12 and PG that offers a challenging academic program in which girls share their voice and intellect. Stoneleigh-Burnham School has an extensive college preparatory curriculum that includes the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program and Honors courses.
- Students participate in nationally recognized programs in riding, athletics, visual/performing arts, public speaking and debate and are encouraged to develop their voice and their passion for learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||154 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Action, International Baccalaureate Art (HL & SL), International Baccalaureate Biology (HL), International Baccalaureate Chemistry (SL), International Baccalaureate Creativity, International Baccalaureate Dance (SL), International Baccalaureate English (HL & SL), International Baccalaureate French (HL & SL), International Baccalaureate Mathematics (HL & SL), International Baccalaureate Music (HL & SL), International Baccalaureate Spanish (HL & SL), International Baccalaureate Theory of Knowledge, Service (CAS)|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$56,643|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$32,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Eric Swartzentruber|
|Admissions Associate||Sharon Weyers|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Ballet, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Figure Skating, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Ballet,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Figure Skating, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Blue Key Tourguides, Community Service Club, Debate Society, Drama Club, Gay Straight Alliance, Green Team, International Programs Club, Literary Society, Math Club, Outing Club, Peer Tutors, Photography Club, Resident Assistants, Riding Club, Student Alumnae Association, Student Council, Students of Color (SOC), Yearbook
- Stoneleigh-Burnham School is an academic community that inspires girls to live meaningful lives based on honor, respect, and intellectual curiosity. Each student is challenged to discover her best self and graduate with the confidence to think independently and act ethically, secure in the knowledge that her voice will be heard. Stoneleigh-Burnham School offers the promise of an exceptional educational and personal experience that can shape and change girls' lives in lasting ways. In our admissions process, we strive to see each girl realistically, as a combination of individual capabilities, opportunities and needs, and the Admissions Committee carefully evaluates each applicant's individual strengths and talents to determine the appropriateness of the school / student match. Stoneleigh-Burnham School seeks students who want to learn and who value education as a lifelong process of exploration and growth.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Deerfield Grades: 9-12 | 648 students
7 Boyden Lane
Deerfield, MA 01342
(413)774-1400 4.9 9-12
- Boston Grades: 5-12 | 471 students
103 Pilgrim Road
Boston, MA 02215
(617)735-9503 77.4 5-12
- Gill Grades: 9-12 | 650 students
One Lamplighter Way
Gill, MA 01354
(413)498-3227 6.3 9-12
- Milton Grades: 9-12 | 258 students
930 Brook Road
Milton, MA 02186
(617)615-3014 81.4 9-12
I absolutely loved my time at Stoneleigh; the caring, nurturing environment combined with rigorous coursework and challenging extracurriculars prepared me for college, graduate school, career, and maintaining a self-care personal life of riding and sports!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Mary
Great academics with very small class sizes and lots of teacher support and interaction. IB curriculum is very intense, but extra attention means that most girls excel. Caring, inclusive community.
- Posted by Parent - Girl'sMom
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.