Stoneleigh Burnham School
The Stoneleigh-Burnham School Debate and Public Speaking Society encourages students to articulate ideas with force and clarity. Members participate in public speaking tournaments, planned cross-examination debates, extemporaneous debates, Lincoln-Douglas debates and parliamentary debates. The Stoneleigh-Burnham School Debate Society is a member of DANEIS (Debate Association of New England Independent Schools).
Girls from all over the country and all over the world participate in the Stoneleigh-Burnham Riding Program. Whether first time riders, or national competitors there is a place for everyone. Students may ride one of the 30 horses stabled on campus, or bring one of their own to fill one of the 60 stalls. Riders participate in many of the monthly on-campus competitions as well as a number of rated and schooling shows in the northeast and as far away as the Ocala, Florida Hits Series. Three riding instructors offer instruction in Dressage, Eventing, Hunt-Seat Equitation, Hunters and Jumpers.
- Stoneleigh-Burnham School is a college preparatory boarding/day school for girls in grades 7 12 and PG that offers a challenging academic program in which girls share their voice and intellect. Stoneleigh-Burnham School has an extensive college preparatory curriculum that includes the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program and Honors courses.
- Students participate in nationally recognized programs in riding, athletics, visual/performing arts, public speaking and debate and are encouraged to develop their voice and their passion for learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||154 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||International Baccalaureate Art (HL & SL), International Baccalaureate Biology (HL), International Baccalaureate Chemistry (SL), International Baccalaureate Creativity, Action, Service (CAS), International Baccalaureate Dance (SL), International Baccalaureate English (HL & SL), International Baccalaureate French (HL & SL), International Baccalaureate Mathematics (HL & SL), International Baccalaureate Music (HL & SL), International Baccalaureate Spanish (HL & SL), International Baccalaureate Theory of Knowledge|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$56,643|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$32,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Eric Swartzentruber|
|Admissions Associate||Sharon Weyers|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Ballet, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Figure Skating, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Ballet,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Figure Skating, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Blue Key Tourguides, Community Service Club, Debate Society, Drama Club, Gay Straight Alliance, Green Team, International Programs Club, Literary Society, Math Club, Outing Club, Peer Tutors, Photography Club, Resident Assistants, Riding Club, Student Alumnae Association, Student Council, Students of Color (SOC), Yearbook Debate Society, Drama Club, Green Team, Math Club, Outing Club, Peer Tutors, Riding Club, Yearbook, Blue Key Tourguides,|
Community Service Club,
Gay Straight Alliance,
International Programs Club,
Student Alumnae Association,
Students of Color (SOC),
- Stoneleigh-Burnham School is an academic community that inspires girls to live meaningful lives based on honor, respect, and intellectual curiosity. Each student is challenged to discover her best self and graduate with the confidence to think independently and act ethically, secure in the knowledge that her voice will be heard. Stoneleigh-Burnham School offers the promise of an exceptional educational and personal experience that can shape and change girls' lives in lasting ways. In our admissions process, we strive to see each girl realistically, as a combination of individual capabilities, opportunities and needs, and the Admissions Committee carefully evaluates each applicant's individual strengths and talents to determine the appropriateness of the school / student match. Stoneleigh-Burnham School seeks students who want to learn and who value education as a lifelong process of exploration and growth.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WellesleyGrades: 5-12 | 484 students
45 Dana Road
Wellesley, MA 02482
- DeerfieldGrades: 9-12 | 648 students
7 Boyden Lane
Deerfield, MA 01342
- BostonGrades: 5-12 | 436 students
103 Pilgrim Road
Boston, MA 02215
- GillGrades: 9-12 | 650 students
One Lamplighter Way
Gill, MA 01354
- MiltonGrades: 9-12 | 335 students
930 Brook Road
Milton, MA 02186
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.