Dana Hall School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (781) 489-1331
Dana Hall School Photo #3 - Dana Hall classes are discussion-based. Our all-girls environment makes each student feel heard and valued.
Dana Hall School Photo #7 - Dana Hall's visual artists are sensitive observers of themselves and the world around them.
Dana Hall School Photo #9 - The center of Wellesley is a five-minute walk from campus and is home to many shops and restaurants.
- Located 12 miles west of Boston, Dana Hall School is a college preparatory boarding (grades 9-12) and day (grades 5-12) school for young women.
- Placing primary emphasis upon sound academic education and upon the preparation of each individual for college and for life, the school balances exposure to new ideas and the challenge of analytical and creative thinking with concentration on the development of self-esteem, leadership, and respect for others.
- As a school for girls, Dana Hall provides female students with a particularly advantageous environment for both education and self-development.
Dana Hall School places among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Total Students||468 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP French Language, AP Latin Catullus and Ovid, AP Latin Vergil, AP Mandarin, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1340|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$47,787|
|Tuition Notes||$59186 (Boarding)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$34,862|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Angela N. Brown|
|Admissions Associate||Nancy Mortarelli|
|Endowment Size||$55 million|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Fencing, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Fencing, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Rock Climbing, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||36 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Big Sister / Little Sister, Blue Key, Bridge (gay/straight alliance), Chamber Singers, Chorus, Community Service Advisory Board, Dana Canvas, Dana Hall School of Music: Instrumental lessons, Dance, Dance Fitness: Hip-hop, Disciplinary Committee, Environmental Club, Farm Club, Gospel Choir, International Student Association, K2K (Kid to Kid tutoring), Life Guarding Certification, Model U.N., musical theatre, Peer Education, PRINTS: People Recognizing Injustices in Need of Thoughtful Solutions, Proctors, Riding, Robotics Club, Rock Climbing, SHADES (multicultural group), Ski Club, Spiritual Life: AGAPE and Kesher, Strength and Conditioning, Student Activities Committee, Student Council, Student Publications: (Mirage, Focus and Hallmanac), Swimming, tap, Ultimate Frisbee, Yoga|
- Dana Hall School is committed to fostering excellence in academics, the arts, and athletics within a vibrant, caring community. With emphasis on integrity, leadership, diversity, and service as well as on respect for self and others, Dana Hall provides its students with a unique opportunity to prepare themselves for the challenges and choices they will face as women and citizens of the world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milton Grades: K-12 | 980 students
170 Centre Street
Milton, MA 02186
(617) 898-1798 11.5 K-12
- Braintree Grades: 6-12 | 688 students
745 Washington Street
Braintree, MA 02184
(781) 843-3580 15.7 6-12
- Boston Grades: 5-12 | 471 students
103 Pilgrim Road
Boston, MA 02215
(617) 735-9503 9.8 5-12
- Dedham Grades: 7-12 | 590 students
10 Campus Drive
Dedham, MA 02026
(781) 326-3700 5.7 7-12
I go to this school right now, LOVE IT. DANA HALL IS THE BEST!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - pen49
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.