Ursuline Academy Photo #2 - Faculty support each student's learning while challenging her to reach her full academic potential.
Ursuline Academy Photo #3 - Students unleash their creative talents in our I.D.E.A.Hub (Innovate, Design, Engage, Apply).
Ursuline Academy Photo #4 - Ursuline Academy's campus consists of three academic buildings, including a 40,000 square foot Athletic & Convocation Center that opened in September of 2017. The building features a gym, our iHUB innovation space, three classrooms, a fitness center, a track, locker facilities, a student lounge, and a meeting space.
Ursuline Academy Photo #5 - 100% of Ursuline graduates matriculate to a four-year college or university, including public and private institutions, and honors programs in many cases.
Ursuline Academy Photo #6 - Drama is part of the curriculum as well as a club offering. The drama club holds three performances each year.
Ursuline Academy Photo #7 - Ursuline offers 14 sports at the inter-scholastic level, and over 70% of the student body plays at least one sport.
Ursuline Academy, an independent Catholic school founded in Boston in 1946, inspires students to grow in faith, explore their academic potential, lead with confidence, and help those in need. In a tradition combining the best of all-girls and Catholic schools, Ursuline students flourish in an environment that encourages them to become women who make a difference: women who build lives of purpose, discovering who they want to be as individuals while discerning who they are meant to be as global citizens.
Five hundred years ago, our foundress, St. Angela Merici, urged her followers to "risk new things." Likewise, the Ursuline experience challenges young women to defy expectations -- to stretch the limits of what they believe they can do. Our students feel free to discover every part of their being, to be both bold and compassionate, and to find what gives them joy. Ursuline Academy is large enough to inspire each student to find a new passion, yet small enough to know and love her for who she is.
Questions? Contact our Admissions Office at 781-493-7726, visit our Admissions page or fill out an inquiry form. We look forward to getting to know you!
- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: 7-12
- Students: 379 students
- Yearly Tuition: $24,400
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 27%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Finances and Admission
Jan. 15 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
For school year 2021-2022
% on Financial Aid
Total Sports Offered
- Ursuline Academy operates under the sponsorship of the international network of Ursuline Sisters. As such, the Catholic faith is both a subject of academic study and a source of values.
- Location Dedham, Massachusetts, 11 miles southwest of Boston and easily accessible from Rt. 95/128 and the Mass Pike.
- Transportation Bus service is available, and carpools operate from many area towns.
- Campus We boast a 28-acre campus that includes a 20-classroom school building with a multi-use space, library and art studio; a Science Wing with state-of-the-art laboratories; playing fields, tennis courts and a fitness center. The Reynolds Family Athletic & Convocation Center opened in the fall of 2017.
- We are delighted you are interested in learning more about our school, and we encourage you to visit our campus to experience the mission and spirit of the Ursuline community. Our Admissions Team is here to assist you, whether it is navigating the application process or exploring all the school has to offer.
Profile last updated:
I am a current senior at Ursuline Academy, and I have attended UA since the seventh grade. Over the past six years, I have been transformed by my Ursuline education. At first, my faith was a place I visited on Sundays, not a core part of who I am. As I discovered more about Saint Angela Merici, founder of the Company of St. Ursula, I became inspired to immerse myself in service along with my community at Ursuline and it has changed me. At Ursuline, I cultivated a newfound passion for serving others and learned how to think critically and analytically in my rigorous academic classes. I grew a love for various extracurricular activities and developed a deeper connection to my faith. As I head off to college next year, I will bring my Ursuline experiences, long-lasting friendships, and education with me.
Ursuline has enabled my daughter to engage in learning and leadership opportunities in an environment that is led by caring and supportive administration and teachers. It is a true community in which students across grade levels can connect, support, and encourage each other! Her science and math experience has been a highlight so far. Her coaches have been excellent as well!
Coming to Ursuline has been the best decision for my 9th grade daughter. She has found challenging academics, caring teachers, and 70 sisters for life in her classmates.
Endorse Ursuline Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.