Ursuline Academy Photo #2 - Students unleash their creative talents in our I.D.E.A.Hub (Innovate, Design, Engage, Apply).
Ursuline Academy Photo #3 - Ursuline Academy's campus consists of three academic buildings, including a 40,000 square foot Athletic & Convocation Center that opened in September of 2017. The building features a gym, our iHUB innovation space, three classrooms, a fitness center, a track, locker facilities, a student lounge, and a meeting space.
Ursuline Academy Photo #4 - One of the hallmark features of the Ursuline experience is the sisterhood and sense of community. Throughout the year, events and activities abound through student life, and Big Sisters will help you to get involved and make friends!
Ursuline Academy Photo #5 - 100% of Ursuline graduates matriculate to a four-year college or university, including public and private institutions, and honors programs in many cases.
Ursuline Academy Photo #6 - Drama is part of the curriculum as well as a club offering, along with 7 other fine and performing arts activities. The drama club holds three performances each year, including one musical, one drama, and student one act plays.
Ursuline Academy Photo #7 - Ursuline offers 14 sports at the inter-scholastic level, including a mix of junior high, freshman, junior varsity and varsity teams. Over 72% of the student body plays at least one sport.
Ursuline Academy Photo #8 - Students develop their artistic skills in both traditional and digital media.
Ursuline Academy has been educating young women in grades 7-12 for 75 years. Ursuline schools worldwide are rooted in a belief in the power of women, the importance of education, and a commitment to using our God-given talents to better the world. An independent Catholic school, Ursuline offers a diverse college-preparatory curriculum complemented by robust programs in athletics, visual and performing arts, technology and design. Our students become women who make a difference, balancing who they want to be as individuals with who they are meant to be as global citizens.
Five hundred years ago, our foundress, St. Angela Merici, urged her followers to "risk new things." Likewise, the Ursuline experience challenges young women to defy expectations -- to stretch the limits of what they believe they can do. Our students feel free to discover every part of their being, to be both bold and compassionate, and to find what gives them joy. Ursuline Academy is large enough to inspire each student to find a new passion, yet small enough to know and love her for who she is.
- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: 7-12
- Enrollment: 351 students
- Yearly Tuition: $25,750
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 29%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Plaid skirt and polo; blazer on formal occasions.
Plaid skirt and polo; blazer on formal occasions.
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Jan. 15 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
For school year 2022-2023
% on Financial Aid
Total Sports Offered
- Ursuline Academy operates under the sponsorship of the international network of Ursuline Sisters and as such, the Catholic faith is a subject of both academic study and a source of values. We welcome students from all religious backgrounds.
- Academics: Our 7th and 8th grade junior high program is designed to provide a solid academic foundation in preparation for the rigors of our honors level 9-12th grade curriculum. We offer 20 Advanced Placement courses and over a dozen electives, including those in music, art, computer science, forensics and psychology, among others. Signature programs include our college writing, 9th grade colloquium, and innovation hub for exploration in computer programming, robotics and technology.
- Clubs & activities: Ursuline offers 34 clubs, 8 fine and performing arts programs, and 15 sports with a variety of teams at the junior high,freshman, junior varsity and varsity levels.
- Location: Dedham, Massachusetts, 11 miles southwest of Boston. Our wooded 28 acre campus provides the tranquility of a suburban campus yet we are 5 minutes from Legacy place and easily accessible off of Rt. 95/128.
- Transportation Bus service is available, and carpools operate from many area towns.
- Campus: Our campus that includes a 20-classroom school building with a multi-use space, a library and art studio;and a Science Wing with state-of-the-art laboratories. Other facilitie include playing fields, tennis courts and a music studio. The Reynolds Family Athletic & Convocation Center opened in the fall of 2017 and includes our innovation Hub, additional classrooms and a meeting roomm, weight room, locker faclities and full size gymnasium with a raised track.
- We are delighted you are interested in learning more about our school, and we encourage you to visit our campus to experience the mission and spirit of the Ursuline community. Our Admissions Team is here to assist you, and look forward to meeting you!
Source: Verified school update
Ursuline, while small, is a school which encourages its students to pursue big dreams and equips them with the tools to succeed both inside its walls and beyond. The school is continually looking for ways to improve and finding new resources with which to support its students. More importantly, students are also given a platform, and the confidence needed to seek new programs or resources when they see a space for them. I learned to try new things and see opportunity everywhere. The deep-seated knowledge , curiosity, and urge serving others that I have fostered during my six years at Ursuline will stay with me always.
I am a current senior at Ursuline Academy, and I have attended UA since the seventh grade. Over the past six years, I have been transformed by my Ursuline education. At first, my faith was a place I visited on Sundays, not a core part of who I am. As I discovered more about Saint Angela Merici, founder of the Company of St. Ursula, I became inspired to immerse myself in service along with my community at Ursuline and it has changed me. At Ursuline, I cultivated a newfound passion for serving others and learned how to think critically and analytically in my rigorous academic classes. I grew a love for various extracurricular activities and developed a deeper connection to my faith. As I head off to college next year, I will bring my Ursuline experiences, long-lasting friendships, and education with me.
Ursuline has enabled my daughter to engage in learning and leadership opportunities in an environment that is led by caring and supportive administration and teachers. It is a true community in which students across grade levels can connect, support, and encourage each other! Her science and math experience has been a highlight so far. Her coaches have been excellent as well!
Coming to Ursuline has been the best decision for my 9th grade daughter. She has found challenging academics, caring teachers, and 70 sisters for life in her classmates.
Endorse Ursuline Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Don't Need Financial Aid? Step to the Front of the Line!
The fallout of the economic and financial meltdown of 2009 was far reaching. Private schools did not escape the consequences either. But that may be a good thing for you.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
July 20, 2022School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.