Tel: (617) 615-3014
Fontbonne Academy, sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston, is a Catholic, college preparatory high school for young women.
Mission: Fontbonne fosters Gospel values and educational excellence. This inclusive community embraces diversity in many forms.
Through the values of respect, responsibility, reconciliation and reverence, Fontbonne Academy promotes growth in spirituality, scholarship, and leadership of young women in the changing world.
Fontbonne places among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||258 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki skirt or pants with school polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,900|
|Tuition Notes||Students may apply for financial aid between Nov. 1 and December 31|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Christin Schow '01|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Christina Maggio '11|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Equestrian, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||30 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ambassadors, Cooking Club, Dance Club, Drama Club, French Honor Society, Gospel Choir, International Club, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, Peer Education, Peer Mentors, Select Chorus/Jazz Choir, Spanish Honor Society, Student Council, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
Academy Tutors, Anime Club, Creative Writing Club, Entrepreneurship Club, Film Club, Latin Honor Society, Medical Health Club, Peer Ministry, Photography Club, Retreat Leaders, Sewing Club, Spirit Committee, STEM, Student Union of Minorities
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- One hundred percent of Fontbonne graduates are accepted to college. Twenty percent of the student population is eligible for National Honor Society.
- Our fine arts program allows students to express themselves through music, drama, and art. A Wellness Center provides personal training, nutrition counseling and stress management tools to students, and provides access to workout equipment before, during and after school. In addition to Fontbonne's strong curriculum, tailored curriculum offerings are available to students through the Virtual High School program run through the school. Eight-five percent of the student population is engaged in extra-curricular activities. A popular service program attracts many students.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newton Grades: 7-12 | 220 students
790 Centre St
Newton, MA 02458
(617) 969-2260 8.9 7-12
- Boston Grades: 5-12 | 471 students
103 Pilgrim Road
Boston, MA 02215
(617) 735-9503 6.1 5-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.