The Woodward School
- While the world has changed in many ways since our founding in 1869, the essence of what Woodward offers has changed very little. The needs of young women and the importance of an excellent educational environment are as compelling as ever.
- For over 100 years, Woodward has provided an educational program that fosters a love of learning while providing serious instruction in the varied academic disciplines, the arts, and athletics.
- We at Woodward believe that preparation for college and preparation for life are vital objectives that should occur simultaneously.
- In this regard, our teachers work hard to make learning relevant to the needs of the world today.
- To fulfill our mission, Woodward School seeks to enroll students and families who are committed to the mission of the School and who will be positive and engaged members of our community.
- We are proud of our history, the quality of our educational programs, and, most importantly, of the articulate, self-confident, and responsible citizens our students become.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||118 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Physics, AP Spanish through VHS, AP Calculus, AP English, AP History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 30 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,090|
|Tuition Notes||International tuition $23,729|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, SoftballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Theater Club, Theater Production
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Percussion, Percussion Ensemble
- The Woodward School, founded by Dr. Ebenezer Woodward in 1869, remains committed to educating young women. Bridging three centuries, Woodward continues to provide a non-sectarian, college preparatory education in an academically challenging environment emphasizing the intellect, character, and self. Woodward educates students from a rich diversity of backgrounds who are committed to advancing their education and lives, as well as the lives of others, through hard work, high standards and service. Woodward students are expected to be thoughtful, compassionate and conscientious members of their communities. Woodward students, their families, teachers, administrators and staff, as well as the alumnae and trustees, are all partners in this educational enterprise. We strive to provide an environment that fosters excellence in education and provides leadership opportunities. Our low student-teacher ratio promotes individual growth and accomplishment, fosters close relationships between students and staff, and creates a dynamic atmosphere for learning. Our alumnae reflect the knowledge and confidence that results from being challenged to achieve their potential.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MiltonGrades: 9-12 | 335 students
930 Brook Road
Milton, MA 02186
- BostonGrades: 5-12 | 436 students
103 Pilgrim Road
Boston, MA 02215
- WellesleyGrades: 5-12 | 484 students
45 Dana Road
Wellesley, MA 02482
- DedhamGrades: 7-12 | 432 students
85 Lowder St
Dedham, MA 02026
- NewtonGrades: 7-12 | 219 students
790 Centre St
Newton, MA 02458