Archbishop Williams High School
- Archbishop Williams High School is a Catholic co-educational high school, which educates young men and women spiritually, academically, morally and physically.
- We are part of a community that integrates learning with faith and focuses on developing the whole person.
- We seek to provide an affordable college preparatory education and to graduate capable and confident young people who are responsible members of their communities and who are guided by the values of the Catholicism.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||596 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1139|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants, polo and skirt, polo )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 5 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,100|
|Tuition Notes||Grade 7 & 8 will receive a Tuition Grant of $2300.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Michela Schuster|
|Admissions Associate||Brett Marcotte|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Over 25 clubs offered each semester!
- Archbishop Williams High School is a co-educational Catholic school in Braintree, Massachusetts, USA. It was founded in 1949 by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth.Archbishop Williams' school seal, originally that of the founding order of nuns, is the pelican, which was an early Christian symbol of Jesus. The school's motto is Caritas Christi Urget Nos, or "The Love of Christ Drives Us On." Blue and gold are the school's colors.The school is named after John Joseph Williams, the first Archbishop of Boston. Archbishop Williams High School was dedicated on September 12, 1949 by Cardinal Richard Cushing.In The fall of 2014 Archbishop Williams added a 7th & 8th grade program.Tuition is $12,800 for grades 7 and 8 for the 2019 & 2020 school year. Tuition is $15,100 for grades 9 - 12 for the 2019 & 2020 school year.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Braintree Grades: 6-12 | 676 students
745 Washington Street
Braintree, MA 02184
(781)664-2221 1.4 6-12
- Kingston Grades: NS-12 | 765 students
399 Bishops Highway
Kingston, MA 02364
(781)585-7511 23.7 NS-12
- Dorchester Grades: 7-12 | 1539 students
150 William T Morrissey Blvd
Dorchester, MA 02125
(617)474-5010 6.6 7-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.